I was best friends with John Wayne

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

I'm friends with Collective Soul lead singer Ed Roland.... I have gotten drunk as hell with Artemus Pyle of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Momz, you sure know a lot of homies, how about throwing an old man a bone when the album comes out? I will use much of the proceeds to help those molested in the JW religion.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I go to Gretchen Wilson's house for July 4th BBQ's.

My son hangs out with Big Kenny's ( of Big and Rich ) son, Lincoln.

Lynyrd Skynyrd are personal friends.

Zakk Wylde of Black Label Society and Ozzy Osbourne is my kids' Uncle Zakk.

Kid Rock is Bobby.

I think you aged me out. I know who Kid Rock is, and Lynyrd Skynrd and Ozzie. The others elude me, unless Gretchen Wilson is one of the Wilsons in "Heart".

My Dad knew lots of celebrities, but the only one he brought home to meet the family was a guy whose name I can't remember at the moment. He was in a TV show in the 50's about a photographer, who lived with his sister and her son. She was Rosemary de Camp. Anyone know who I'm talking about? His name was Bob, Robert more correctly. He and Dad were friends in the health industry. Bob was a real health fanatic. (Looked it up..........Bob Cummings..........I'll bet very few here know who the heck he was)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Gretchen Wilson is one of the Wilsons in "Heart".

Nope, she a country singer. She was huge for a while, but has cut back touring to be with her daughter more. Here's a song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sIKFpNr-78M

how about throwing an old man a bone when the album comes out? I will use much of the proceeds to help those molested in the JW religion.

If you show me an old man who needs it I will! I told you to PM me if you get a gig in Nashville. We'll see what we can do. And Artemis is crazier than me. Rumor has it he watched Poltergiest and was never the same after.

momz

• undercover
    undercover

I was married to Morgan Fairchild...yeeaaa...that's right, she was my wife...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

President Jimmy Carter gave a speech at my High School. I wasn't invited inside, but I stood outside.
    He shook the hand of the teen next to me and said "Hello" to both of us.

Bubba Smith (football and "Police Academy" movie fame) was at an airport riding on one of those
    golfcart-type vehicles. I heard him say to the driver, "People know I am famous, but they don't know
    who I am."

Those are my closest brushes with fame.

Also, before Morgan Fairchild divorced me for Undercover, she never introduced me to her Hollywood
    friends.

• Casper
    Casper

I never really met anyone totally "Famous" per say....

I shook hands with the former Rep. of Indiana, Lee Hamilton.

We did have a Parade in town one time that included Cloris Leachman, (they were filming a movie locally). She was on one of the floats.

John Mellencamp was in a hospital filming a movie scene, the day my niece was born... didn't see him, but rode the elevator with one of the cast.

The closest one I guess, would be "Tony Stewart" of NASCAR fame... he came to our local dirt track and raced against my Brother. They beat and banged on each other the entire race... had a few words afterwards... lol.

Cas

• mouthy
    mouthy

Tom Jones comes to my house Every night....

• compound complex
    compound complex

I waited on Richard Roundtree at our place of business. Very nice and down-to-earth fellow.

Note to Mulan: I was talking the other day to someone about Robert Cummings (photographer) and Rosemary DeCamp ... a favorite tv show from my childhood.

CoCo

• compound complex
  • Burger Time
    Burger Time

I almost had a date with Mellisa Joan Heart of Sabrina the Teenage Witch fame. My friend's best friends cousin was in town and she wanted us to meet. I said no thanks. The next day I saw pictures and wanted to punch myself in the face. I also have met quite a few musicians. I scored pot for the band Of Montreal and had a great time hanging out with Tommy from the EELS and Abandoned Pools. Never met any super huge celebrities though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit