False Religion

by real one 52 Replies latest jw friends

• real one
    real one

I think this is a really good topic for all those lurkers out there who are trying to come to terms with their faith. Speaking from a christian standpoint i can only say that any religion that denies the diety of Christ or God is a false religion. i have studied many religions and continue to study them and i find so many lies connected with them its ridiculious. right in your face. the jw got me though. it was so subtle and only until God opened the eyes of my heart did I see the lie. this is frightening to me now but i pray that God continues to allow his Holy Spirit to guide me so that i may not fall prey to any other idol.

muslims believe that Jesus was just a prophet and that he was not crucified

• real one
    real one

Velvetann

I am a christian but I am not part of any religion. the church i attend is non-denominational

• real one
    real one

why do you think Catholics are false?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I don't know a lot about all religions but the ones I can say that don't have good works are:

If you are going to evaluate a religion, ideology, philosophy, or systematic worldview based on the actions or inactions of its adherents then you will not find a single good one to have ever existed.

Not one.

Burn

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

BurnTheShips - **To me** they are all false, as religion, with it's traditions, some with it's dos and don'ts, take this, take that, wear this and that, is man made and of the "flesh".

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

all religions are true as long as

they give spiritual life to the people who profess them,

as long as they console them for having been born only to

die, And for each people the truest religion is their own,

the religion that made them...

The JW religion meets this conditions for many of its members ...

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open
    Speaking from a christian standpoint i can only say that any religion that denies the diety of Christ or God is a false religion.

Thanks for that insight. We never stop learning at JWD, eh?

real one: I don't mean to be nasty, but instead of pointing fingers and using the word false perhaps you could seriously evaluate the evidence for your own belief system. This is the wrong place to boast you have the true religion.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The JW religion meets this conditions for many of its members ...

Yes it does, but not for me (obviously).

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips - **To me** they are all false, as religion, with it's traditions, some with it's dos and don'ts, take this, take that, wear this and that, is man made and of the "flesh".

What's wrong with any of that? Burn

• real one
    real one

Eyes Open:

This is the wrong place to boast you have the true religion.

Open your eyes wider and read this. I am not boasting on any religion, I have Christ Jesus living inside of me. So any boasting is giving him honor and glory.

I know He truly lives in me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit