If you knew how the meat you eat was slaughtered, would you still eat it?

by restrangled 63 Replies latest jw friends

• *summer*
    *summer*

restrangled...

this video also left me sick. i actually could not watch it all.

hopefully karma will take care of those who treat animals in such a brutal way...tenfold!!!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I know how meat is slaughtered. I still eat it. If you get a chance spend a little time around commercial poultry farms... how they are raised is enough to keep you from eating if you are put off by packing practices.

That being said..I have raised or bought my beef on the hoof the last several years and have a small packer put it up for me.

The other issue... how often do you eat in resturants? Spend a little time in some kitchens and the kill plant wont seem so bad.

Hill

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I don't really feel badly for animals raised for food. They don't know any different. They don't know any other life than the one the have. And I do know how about 90% of my meat is slaughtered and processed. We have an average of 4 deer and usually one wild hog in my deep freeze at all times. All shot and killed here in Tennessee.

I have seen cattle and pigs killed for food. I hated the way the pig squeeled though. My mom helped process a deer my dad had shot once and could never eat deer again. I don't have that problem.

momz

• *summer*
    *summer*

momzcrazy...

then do you feel bad for children who die of hunger?

after all, they don't know any different do they?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I would never compare children to animals.

• *summer*
    *summer*

I was far from comparing children to animals.

I was only referring to "life" in general.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Nah I probably couldn't eat the meat if I knew how it was killed. A few weeks ago it kind of dawned on me that the leather jacket I was wearing was a former living, breathing thing, I thought how creepy it would be to see someone wearing a person-jacket so I stopped wearing it.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

And just so you know summer, this is a woman who gives a damn cat insulin shots twice a day and measures his food precisely. I also have two dogs that are also spoiled and babied. My girls also sponser kids in Guatamala that are near to their ages so they can learn to help and appreciate what they have.

You presume too much with your question, when what you don't know about me could fill a book.

• *summer*
    *summer*

momzcrazy,

i admire you greatly.

i apologize.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    I was far from comparing children to animals.

I was only referring to "life" in general.

See the problem here is this: Children know their tummies hurt. They have eaten so know what food tastes like and how it makes them feel better. They know they feel weak and can't play and bat the flies away from their faces.

Animals don't know that they could be running through a field or flying free. All they know is the box or building I live in.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit