somebody tell me something interesting,

by Hortensia 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

My wife and I are training to participate in a fund-raising athletic event.

OM

p.s. It really pisses off some "people we know" that we waste our time on such things.

I didn't mention any religious group did I?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Wow, thanks for all the interesting news! Keep it coming, please!

I got interrupted - I'm at work and had to actually do some work. I enjoyed all the news you shared - I'd like to hear more. Nvr - when are you going to be in Coachella? That's at the other end of the valley from me, but not that far. Don't know if you want to meet up with an old lady and have a cup of coffee...

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

The wildflowers in South Texas right now are gorgeous! Oceans of pink and white buttercups, the bluebonnets are just coming in, purple verbena, yellow and red Indian blankets, yellow and white daisies, even the stinging (or bull as it's called) nettle flowers are pretty!- you name it, it's blooming. Every morning on the way to work I marvel at the beauty of God's creation. -Potential

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I must break away - All I can say is ewwww - but you're right. It's interesting.
    Lysmith - you're right - that is interesting - scary about the elephants. apparently they haave intelligence - maybe they've realized too late they ought to have been doing away with humans long ago.
    AA, I loved what your daughter said. That's cute!
    10P - congratulations!!!
    JK666-well, I don't know about the pigtails, but they are certainly eye-catching.
    Megaflower and PotentialJWconvertswife - we are having a wonderful wild flower season too - lots and lots of purple desert verbena, lupin, poppies, and lots of pink cactus flowers.
    Sooner - sound slike you have quite a whiz kid. Good for him!
    Open Mind - you're using your time a LOT more wisely than you would be if you were doing the loser pioneer shuffle.

• JK666
    JK666

nvr,

You must have some sort of aura around you too. Man, How can you take so much time off of work? Aren't you going to go see Leslie this week, and you can still take your kid to a concert in California? Must be nice!

Leave the Cali girls alone, dude, your rep precedes you.

JK

• Mincan
    Mincan

There was this octopus in a lidded tank and these exotic fish in another lidded tank across the room from it. The exotic fish started missing one at a time... the marine handlers though someone was stealing them so they installed a camera. Turns out, the octopus was opening his lid and crawling across the floor into the exotic fish tank, opening it's lid, and crawling inside to eat 1 or 2 at a time, then he would return the lid on the exotic fish tank, crawl back across the room to his tank, and put the lid back on (so it wouldn't look disturbed?). The thing is, the octopus would only do this when he thought there was no one watching.

They are very intelligent. And this story is certified awesome!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

mincan - that is awesome and a little scary! thanks for the info. I'd love to see that on a video, wouldn't you? JK666 - I'm an old lady, not a Cali girl, so NVR is safe. I don't have any designs on him or anyone, eh?

• *Incubus
    *Incubus

my 2 year old counts accurately to 18 and sets the dinner table more efficiently than his 12 yr old brother.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I appreciate your kind words, John.

Life is good.

It does weird me out a little bit that you like to put very private information about me on this public discussion forum, but I'm sure you mean well.

If you'd like to meet my son and I, Hortensia, that would be nice.

We'll be there from April 24-28.

As John was so kindly warning you about me, it would be best that we meet in a well-lit public place.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I collect stamps

... not that I know much about them lol! I inherited my dad's collection plus a friend's collection of unwanted first day covers (he was gonna bin them).

I am probably sitting on a fortune - I should get them valued by a professional sometime I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit