How did you find this site?

by truthseeker 36 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

It seems as though an age has passed from discovering this site seven years ago to where I am now.

Just before we started studying the Daniel's prophecy book, I went online to see if anyone had made a study bookmark with the dates and paragraphs on. This is when

I "stumbled" across this site, way back in 2000. Of course, like a good Christian I pretty much determined that this site had gone apostate from the other JW sites, such

as WitnessesOnline and JWZone.

Curiosity is in my nature though, so I continued to read...and even though what I read fascinated me something somewhere deep down inside of me still felt this was the truth.

And here I am today.

How did you find this site?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

looking for something else, on google, of course. I was looking for information about a television show - one of those court shows that had a young married couple against her crazy JW parents who were suing for some strange reason - the young man had taken the girl away from the religion. My friend who watched the show said the judge told off the parents for interfering in their daughter's marriage for no good reason. Wish I had found the info so I could watch the show, but I found this forum, so I'm ahead anyway.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I knew ericka garza when she was a young teen and had just moved from Washington to West sacramento and was staying with her family with the Valenzuelas. Of course, nothing was being said about how bad the poor child had been suffering. Then I saw her and her folks on NBC and got really pissed off. When I knew this family, they seemed like good people, and had been through some tough times, such as when her dad had a bad fall at work and was paralyzed for a while. The more I listened to her story the angrier I got, thinking of how this baby had been touched by a creature worse than an animal and had been covered for by the washtowel society. I got more and more upset about hearing about pedophiles on the tv news magazines and no decent answers from the washtowel, so I went online. After reviewing Silent Lambs I saw other info about the occult beginnings of this cult and I was led here......

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

link from freeminds.org

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

WTS actually helped me to become totally computer-literate. I used the search feature of my
    WT Library to do talks and look up points. I eventually applied that to searching the internet.

When I had decided to start looking at websites that were helpful to anyone questioning
    WT doctrine, I had been googling stuff for years (or using other pre-Google search engines).
    I actually found jwfacts and freeminds.org early on. I read things with a fervor. I never liked
    "chat" forums, but I linked from freeminds "Talk Soup" to some obscure point that I wanted
    to know more about.

There were so many people making so many points here. I was learning so much that I
    stayed.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Husband started searching the net in 2000 and came across freeminds.org and came here from there. He lurked here daily till last

year and signed up. I came here from him.

hope4others

• asilentone
    asilentone

I found this site from www.freeminds.org

• megaflower
    megaflower

I was surfing the internet looking for info on JW's and this was one of the sights

• chickpea
    chickpea

one of the responsibilities i have as a mod on a forum for adult survivors of ch!ldhood sexu@l @buse is to screen submissions of online articles and websites for appropriateness

one submission was a exerpt from a book called: In Sheep's Clothing by George Simon (dealing with manipulative people) on http://www.rickross.com/...... i just kept following links til i ended up here, near thanksgiving last year.......

JWD was the missing piece to understanding i was fading with an actual purpose.... to break free from a cult mentality

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I have to blame Mouthy or grandma Grace for this. She told me about it and I am so happy she did. I love it here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit