"KNOCKING" LEGAL ACTION AGAINST WATCHTOWER COMMENTS

by V 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

With your brilliance you could come up with a winner of an intro!

hope

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Usually I pay close attention to copyright issues on my sites, but I have one where I play a bit loose with it. My policy is if I ever get such a notice about anything on that site I will drop that item like a hot potato and move on.

You might get by with claiming fair use, and that your work is a critical review, and your ace in the hole is that you are not causing them financial damages since you are not making any money from this. It really comes down to how much battle you want to do over a few seconds clip.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Copyright schmopyright.

Sure it can be said to be a breach, but I'm pretty sure that if your videos had been pro-Witnesses, this had never come up. It's the same thing on YouTube, when people have critically "dissected" creationist videos and put in commentaries. Those videos are taken down for copyright violation, but when the original versions of the same videos are put up (by regular users, not the makers), they stay up.

Either way - better change the videos and re-upload.

• monophonic
    monophonic

F--- 'knocking'.

seriously i wish the topic would just go away here. the filmmaker is an idiot just scoring $$ from the drones and completely selling out the homosexual community for his light touch and wtbts approved documentary.

some of my gay friends have asked me about the documentary and i tell them straight up this guy's willing to get in bed with an organization that is awaiting the brutal murder of anyone who's gay by God's hand.

he may as well be jewish and making propaganda films for hitler.

he will use any legal action for publicity purposes b/c he's a slimball looking for hollywood cred. take it down if it's your video, do not let him parlay publicity, that's all he's looking for.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I thought JWs can't sue JWs. Doctrine, you know.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

If this footage is on a WTS publication, then I'd think you just need to contact a Publisher for that corporation to get permission to use it.

Do you know any of the publishers?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The clip in question isn't important to the content, so wouldn't come under fair use for critical review. Just ditch the 3-second clip.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it will help, a bunch of us "apostates" could get together and pretend to be at a
    WT session and you could record it. We could use a church meeting room or
    a Knights of Columbus Hall to make it really blashphemous.

Just ditch the guy's segment. I am sure he didn't make the fortune and fame he's
    hoped for, so any free publicity for him would be good publicity.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    If it will help, a bunch of us "apostates" could get together and pretend to be at a
    WT session and you could record it. We could use a church meeting room or
    a Knights of Columbus Hall to make it really blashphemous.

Yeah! Instead of the banner with the yearly text, make up one with the JWD logo.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Maybe you could put in a clip of a "loving" jw parent dragging their kid back to the bathroom for a little "knocking" session because the poor kid is bored beyond reason and is "acting up."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit