"KNOCKING" LEGAL ACTION AGAINST WATCHTOWER COMMENTS

by V 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• V
    V

This notice was emailed to a third party who embeds Watchtower Comments videos on his blog:

"My name is Tom Shepard, Co-Producer and Co-Director of KNOCKING, a documentary about Jehovah's Witnesses.

You have violated U.S. copyright law by not gaining permission to use footage from KNOCKING in the opening sequence of your series of short videos "Watchtower Comments" archived at the URL: http://jehovahswitnessesvideo.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html

Please immediately remove all footage you have taken from KNOCKING for use in any of your videos. This footage is copyright protected and you are using it illegally.

If we haven't heard from you promptly, our attorney will file appropriate proceedings, including an injunction and appeal for damages.

Please respond to this email.

Sincerely,
    Tom Shepard
    Co-Director/Co-Producer
    KNOCKING Documentary"

The "illegal" copyright is a 3 second clip in the intro of every WT Comments video (showing a black woman lowering her hand at a meeting).

Your thoughts?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

My thoughts were that it looked like the poster Mrs Jones!

And that took my mind off anything else!

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

They may have you for the moment on their video clip, but I don't think its really a win for them. They're just trying any stupid little thing they can.

You could reply back along the line of asking them if the WTS has changed its stance on Homosexuality? (We know, but do they?) That -the producer?- was raised JW, but never baptized and is now a "Known homosexual". This is the same basic hypocrisy that they showed with the UN: being linked with people that they condem.

I'm not worried for you, you're pretty clever, and I'm kinda curious how you'll respond to them tactically.

• Moxie
    Moxie

That seems so petty... I love the WTcomments videos on YouTube. Such a fuss about 3 seconds of footage. I hope that these videos will still be accessible to the public.

• Scully
    Scully

How difficult would it be to delete that portion of video from your WT Comments segments?

Comply with the request. Then watch him whine that the footage was removed. Do not, under any circumstances, give his work any air time. Any references to "Knocking" that are made on the WT Comments site, delete them. Do not give him one nanosecond of publicity, even if he begs.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Youtube will remove your page if you do not rectify this situation. They will remove all videos containing the copyright violated material. Its a no winner. Redo the vids with generic clips and be done with them. Honestly, I lost a video or two for that reason. Is a that three seconds worth a lawsuit? I'd just change the intro so it doesn't cause you grief. Good luck, W.Once

• brinjen
    brinjen

I'd just get rid of the footage, maybe replace it with something like a parent and child, parent raising the child's hand to get him/her to answer? Use a dark background (or edit it out altogether) to focus on them, also eliminates to need for the footage to be "real".

I'm sure we all could brainstorm some ideas that gets the message across...

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I would have to agree with Wasaelderonce , the footage fits well into the videos and they are a good set up, but they certainly are not needed to get the point across

call the assholes bluff and remove them I say, You-tube does have a policy regarding these things if I'm not mistaken.

• blondie
    blondie

I agree with Scully. It isn't a crucial or necessary part of the piece. It does show that they are watching them.

How difficult would it be to delete that portion of video from your WT Comments segments?

Comply with the request. Then watch him whine that the footage was removed. Do not, under any circumstances, give his work any air time. Any references to "Knocking" that are made on the WT Comments site, delete them. Do not give him one nanosecond of publicity, even if he begs.

Love Blondie

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

You know that woman's hand lowering is also in one of the Borg's DVDs. That doesn't change anything, but I suppose it would be better than the WTB&TS trying to screw ya....

If only we had a video camera, we could shoot our own footage! Or maybe whoever does have one could shoot some stuff for V!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit