"KNOCKING" LEGAL ACTION AGAINST WATCHTOWER COMMENTS

by V 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sf
    sf

Anyone seen the KNOCKING STUDY GUIDE, yet?:

http://www.itvs.org/outreach/knocking/knocking_studyguide.pdf

• bite me
    bite me

Your "Watchtower Comments" videos are illegally using copyright-protected footage from KNOCKING, a documentary broadcast on PBS. The introduction to all your videos uses the same clip from KNOCKING of a woman raising her hand during the Watchtower study in a Kingdom Hall. You do not have permission to use this footage. Please delete it from your videos, as well as any other footage you may have taken from KNOCKING. You use of the footage does not pass "Fair Use" standard and violates U.S. Copyright law. We will ask YouTube to block these videos if the illegally obtained footage is not removed.
    Joel Engardio
    Tom Shepard
    KNOCKING documentary

I don't think it is real... A true notice wouldn't contain an error in spelling...

I'll post the quote here and bold what I mean..

Your "Watchtower Comments" videos are illegally using copyright-protected footage from KNOCKING, a documentary broadcast on PBS. The introduction to all your videos uses the same clip from KNOCKING of a woman raising her hand during the Watchtower study in a Kingdom Hall. You do not have permission to use this footage. Please delete it from your videos, as well as any other footage you may have taken from KNOCKING. You use of the footage does not pass "Fair Use" standard and violates U.S. Copyright law. We will ask YouTube to block these videos if the illegally obtained footage is not removed.
    Joel Engardio
    Tom Shepard
    KNOCKING documentary

Shouldn't this read "Your" use of the footage....

Spelling errors happen, but not with a legal document.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Bite me is actually right, Youtube does not remove video unless the person can verify they are the legal copyright holder of the footage in question. I think someone in the org is trying to strong arm you. I think the authenticity of that is in question, you might want to call your local PBS station and ask them who to contact regarding the video "Knocking". If you don't want to do it, I will.

• bite me
    bite me

some links that might be useful for a picture to replace (IF YOU HAVE TO)

http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/ics/images/e003006.jpg (I think this one would work since no faces are shown)

That is what I have for now.

• DT
    DT

It looks like the notice to V could be a hoax. It is very different than than the first notice. The first notice that came to me was from an email address that is listed on the contact page for the "Knocking" website. Does anybody know if that can be faked?

• sf
    sf

I'd like to insert the STUDY GUIDE into this thread as well, if you don't mind:

http://www.itvs.org/outreach/knocking/knocking_studyguide.pdf

• bite me
    bite me

I'm begining to see/ believe that it is fake. A mehtod to try to scare you into removing it. A real notice would have included a phone number to contact their people. It would have also included an address a postal address at that. Also, NO attorney says "Please respond to this e-mail"

People do not conduct legal matters through e-mail.

• still_in74
    still_in74

just think of all the publicity you would get if they did pursue legal action and the media was informed about it? Petty little trivial matters tying up the courts.

The result - thousands of hits on You Tube WT Comments!

• sf
    sf

MODERATORS:

I am trying to delete the duplicate post in this thread, to no avail. Please oblige.

Thank you.

sKally

• DT
    DT

I just checked and the Watchtower Comments videos are gone. It looks like at least one of the threats was real.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit