To all Bible believers... and non

by dawg 91 Replies latest jw friends

• real one
    real one

there is a lot of evidence that the Bible is true. maybe you need to do some research. I hear about it all the time. The Bible tells of wars that were fought that there is proof of. It names kings that existed during the time Christ was on earth. This information is known. im not sure why so many on this site are not aware of that ,but i dont need proof. I go on the faith i pray to God for everyday that continues to increase as He allows. I know how He works in my life so thats my evidence. I will worship him all my days

• Gopher
    Gopher

Just because a book correctly names kings and wars does NOT make it a good guide by which to live.

Even the "National Enquirer" rag talks about world leaders and actual events. Maybe ten centuries from now some people will discover some old copies of the National Enquirer and decide it is a good description of how life was in the 20th and 21st centuries. Heck, the National Enquirer even has prophecies for each coming new year.

• real one
    real one

dawg i dont believe because i want to believe. i believe because i have to believe. im not sure of how to explain it except but by how i said the evidence in my life is so overwhelming. If i had a chioce i would be a heathen. going around doing what i want to do when i want to do it but i cant live like that. my desire is to worship and serve God. if i live any other way im left unsatisfied and may as well commit suicide. i cant see me without God. when i was a little child i knew of God's presence. i can feel him. its a peace and calmning feeling. when you obey his laws oh the joy you feel inside! you are protected and secure.

• dawg
    dawg

Real one.... never, and I mean never assume that the person you're talking to is ignorant...when you tell someone to research, then you're assuming they haven't, thus t you're calling them ignorant. Not only does it piss me off, but it furthers the evidence that people like you have no legitimate argument.

But then again, that's the reason you ignored all of what this thread was about, you believe and defend, all without ever stopping to think that you;re wrong. And guess what bro, you have just proved it.

Next believer willing to step to the plate.

• real one
    real one

gopher the Bible is a good guide on how to live your life. where else can you find so much love and compassion? Please tell me

• real one
    real one

dawg if you are an athiest thats your business. i know of many athiest that have become believers from doing research so just keep on looking you will find results and if you dont maybe you are not looking hard enough. then again maybe you see but dont want to see. i do not think you are ignorant though, just uninformed

• dawg
    dawg

Real one... again you assume without reading the thread, my thread specifically stated not to say I don't believe in God... as I've said, you seem like a nice man, but this is a discussion that I want to lead me to understanding why you believe in the Bible, not God!

By the way, good point Gopher.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Dawg,

I think that your OP may be in error because it appears to me that you are presupposing that the JW faith and New Testament Christianity are the same. In my research they are not similar. They have diametrically oposed views on theology, christology, soteriology, ecclesiology and eschatology (and I am just scratching the surface). However, you are entitled to your own opinion.

• dawg
    dawg

Hey JWX... good to hear from you and have been wondering if those Trojans are going to be up for my Dawgs this year. But please explain, if you can briefly, what you mean.

• real one
    real one

God is the inspiration of the Bible thats why i believe the Bible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit