To all Bible believers... and non

by dawg 91 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

My questions to you that believe the Bible are this…

Ok, so you come on this site and attack the JWs, why can’t you see that you are the same as the JWs when you defend the Bible? After all, aren’t you defending the already dis proven faith that you believe?

Just take the whole Eve and Adam story and try to defend it… in this myth, we have a God who tells his children not to eat a fruit, and if they eat it they will die… then he kills all subsequent children because of what his elder kids did. Then the story relates that a question was raised by his heavenly children and this is the reason he wreaks all this misery in his undeserving children who did nothing at all. This question must be answered, so who does he send? Not a man who was made like Adam, but by a God from the heavens… maybe God himself according to many of you on this site. If the question raised in the garden was whether humans could live perfect lives serving their creator, then a God from the heavens, given special healing powers, raising the dead, feeding thousands with a fish; a God man like this isn’t Adam or a human at all… he’s a God and thusly doesn’t answer the question raised in the garden.

And there’s more, your God doesn’t disown murder, rape, slavery, and the like in the OT, but in the New he takes a hit of acid and says to turn the other cheek.

Then there’s the tower of Babel… didn’t happen…. The two of a kind on a boat… didn’t happen… and so and so forth ad nausea. It simply didn’t happen the way it’s presented in the Bible; the facts are overwhelming that this is the case yet you believers have the gall to come on here and attack the JW’s… are you really any different?

It’s a simple question; I’m just curious how you see yourselves differently than any JW in which you attack. And please, don’t insult my intellect talking about evolution, this thread isn’t about the existence of God nor the belief in Evolution, its’ about why you defend the indefensible

• JeffT
    JeffT

Believing the Bible doesn't require believing what JW's believe about it.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

i have to agree with you on this dawg. i want to believe in a creator because it means that i dont have to answer hard questions or perhaps even admit that i have no answers. the fact remains that i really don't know and as much faith as a person may have, they really don't know either. we are simply all struggling through the day. that is the honest truth.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

dawg............Par-Excellance my friend!!! Yes, they believe that THEIR god came onto the earth scene as a man. The same god that provoked wrath amongst the pre-jesus days peoples and then once on the earth did an about face on doing harm to your neighbors.Hmmmmmmmm

Let's see what they have to say to that!

NMG

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

JeffT......What kind of double talk is that???Christians believe what dawg just expounded. Basic bible teachings by fundamentalsts evreywhere.

NMG

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

i had that question for a long time as well. the live forever book shows jesus on a scale with adam and that scale is equal in 'mass'. i always wondered how an in the flesh angel could possibly 'weigh' the same as a perfect man. so they both started off perfect. in my recollection adam had no 'magic' powers like jesus. so they are not equal and the explination is a load of rubbish

• dawg
    dawg

Coolhand...yes, and to make matters worse, they think Jesus IS God himself. Thanks everyone, for all your input, I notice no believers dare broach this.

• real one
    real one

only believers understand the Bible because it was written for belivers.

• real one
    real one

we should not attack jw this is true

• dawg
    dawg

Real one... you seem like a nice enough fellow, but can't you see how ludicrous your statement is? Don't you at least consider the possibility that you believe it because you WANT to believe it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit