Who is your favorite Artist?

by coffee_black 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Canadian Wildlife artist, Robert Bateman!

Outaservice

• sustainedhaze
    sustainedhaze

Ithought i would be cool and load some images, but then realized i am far to lazy, but I'll contribute and you can do the viewing yourselves .

Salvador Dali

Alex Grey

Boris Vallejo

peace,

haze

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Salvador Dali.

• Layla33
    Layla33

An unknown impressionist artist that lives in Brazil. Breathtaking, phenomenal...

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Sergio Aragones, Mad Magazine

Q

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Great choices all!

CoCo, I love the Hudson River School also. My artist friend, Sandy Wadlington www.sandywadlington.com is the great great great (not sure how many greats) granddaughter of Alvin Fisher http://www.nhhistory.org/cv/index-artists/source/9.htm , himself of the Hudson School.

Rapunzel, The Impressionists influenced me a lot when I was in Art School.... Light is the subject of most of my paintings... and I admire artists who can use it effectively... Renoir was my Mom's favorite. His work is even more impressive when you realize that his hands were badly crippled as he grew older, and the brushes had to be tied to his hands in order for him to paint.

VoidEater I learned about Caravaggio for the first time when I was a freshman in College.... His dramatic use of light and shadow makes his work timeless...regardless of subject matter.

Flipper... Sounds like you have eclectic taste! What an awesome collection!

Outaservice.... Agreed....he's brilliant.....

Sustainedhaze and Jaguarbass.... I had a book of Dali's works when I was in High School...a gift from a friend. I was a JW then...and it scared me...I didn't "get" surrealism....thought it was demonic...burned the book.... I get it now.... wish I still had the book.

An Art History teacher of mine described great art as art that provokes an emotional response.

Coffee

• beksbks
    beksbks

Flipper!! This is getting rediculous!

. Maxfield Parrish I like as well,

I was going to post MP. But mostly I like Realists. Rembrandt and the like. I'm sure I'm alone here, but my sky was always blue and my grass was always green.

• Free
  • bonnzo
    bonnzo

wyland

any local artist barely scraping by just to be an artist and eke out a living.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

oh yeah, alex grey is awesome!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit