Who is your favorite Artist?

by coffee_black 55 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Priest73 , Have you read "Naked Came I" the life story of Rodin by David Weiss? Great book.. read it many years ago.... My favorite piece by Rodin is The Daniad. I did a term paper in college on his "Gates of Hell"... He was a driven man.

Coffee

• Priest73
    Priest73

Damn. That was not my intent.

• dinah
    dinah

I just fell off my chair again.

Padre, you catch it every way you try to go.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Priest 73, Have you read "Naked Came I" by David Weiss? It's the story of Rodin's life. Great book. My favorite piece by Rodin is The Daniad. I did a term paper on his Gates of Hell in College... He was a driven man...

Coffee

• Priest73
    Priest73

Coffee_Black,

I read that years ago. If I'm not mistaken, Berke Breathed lampooned it in his comic strip.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

ok...what just happened? I reposted because my first one didn't show up...and then while I was reposting, the first one showed up...

Sheesh...

Coffee Who is usually not up at this hour....

• Priest73
    Priest73

Now that I've brought that up, Berke Breathed is one of my favorite cartoonist. My dog is named after one of his characters.

• dinah
    dinah

I've got to go to bed.

BUT my werewolf finally beat yours today, Padre. Not good at scrabble, but I'll practice when I think of it.

(Thanks FFM)

• david_10
    david_10

I wonder why no one has mentioned Edward Hopper? Probably because he was a little on the grimey side, which was typical of the Ash Can School. His studies of human isolation are, to me, very moving and disturbing--------------------------people always together, yet always apart. I have read that Hitchcock was an great admirer of Hopper and that he had his characters interact with each other in ways that he observed in Hopper's paintings. Also, the mansion in "Psycho" was a replica of "House by the Railroad."

"Nighthawks" is Hopper's most famous work, but my favorite is "New York Movie."

My vote goes to Edward Hopper.

David

• Priest73
    Priest73

I've just always associated him with late night diners.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit