Interesting Banter on the Watchtower Comments Page

by V 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• V
    V
    BiblestudentSteve sounds like a "thirdwitness" type apologist who's assigned by the Society for the purpose of "damage control".

Perhaps. More likely a "intellectual" JW that is desperate to rationaize his beliefs, not by testing his own mettle, but rather by taking pot-shots at other viewpoints.

Something I found interesting is that he spammed almost all WTC videos with the same comment. This, "same old stuff" statement is a common mind-buffer: when a JW does happen on a disgrunted apostate, fulfilling the Society's discription (I'm thinking Danny Haszard), then writes off the entire opposition.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Honorable and worthy V:

Much edited post ... sorry!

• compound complex
    compound complex

V :

My friends love your presentation and I apologize for my previous post wherein, in haste, I erred grievously.
    I think I need new glasses or a new brain.

Apologies,

CoCo

• StAnn
    StAnn

V - This poor soul is all over the internet on sites for other religions, proclaiming that they're all false and their Bible translations are false. He has the sympathies of hundreds of people, saddened by how badly he's deluded. He spends hours talking about the glories of the NWT. He won't answer any questions. He just spews lots of JW trash. Poor man is entirely deluded. Based on what I've seen, he must do this full-time as he is on all kinds of sites.

I remember what the elders used to tell us when we couldn't "win" an argument with someone at the door: "You can't argue with a closed mind." Bible Steve has the most closed mind of all. Don't waste your breath debating him. Your videos are first rate.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The guy prob reports pioneer hours then.

Jeff

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If he really is so confident about the Witnesses being right after reading all that apostate stuff then why does he feel the need to blow off steam at you? Why is he not just happy being himself and who he is and what he believes in?

What I can see is someone who is perhaps quite intelligent, but also insecure and scared and frankly lashing out in the wrong direction.

In some ways I can see myself in fact, because that is how I must have sounded a few years ago!

My advice in dealing with him would be not to engage in lengthy arguments about details. Commend him for his tremendous courage to read apostate literature when the society tries to discourage it through fear. That really does take some guts, and many of us have been there - surreptitiously reading apostate sites; borrowing apostate books from the library; hiding them hoping no one "finds out"; wondering if we are "evil" in Jehovah's eyes just for reading another point of view.

In going against the society's rules and reading apostate literature he has already made the most significant break from Witness ideology. Whether he chooses to go the extra mile down the road to explore other options is really a choice only he can make in the long run, and trying to push him when he is not ready is not likely to help.

Slim

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I am surrounded by very smart people! V, you are my hero. Hand Clapping

momz

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I love the fact he called upon NLP use against you, while WT literature is dripping with the stuff.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Awesome V!!

He lost me using Jesus and Paul as an example. I mean, has he read the Bible?

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

V , more power to your elbow keep on with the good work, explaining the real truth in the way that you do is so effective that JWs' with an open mind are bound to sit up and take notice .Keep on with the attack and destroy their falsehood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit