Sex and JWs I want to know what you think "he played the God Card"

by jonie 44 Replies latest social relationships

• Scully
    Scully

Some guys can be funny - afraid that a little snip around his bizniz is going to turn him gay?? He'd rather have you risk your health with an unwanted pregnancy in your 40s just so he can do it without a condom? He can't ejaculate while wearing a condom?? Getting your tubes tied will make you want to cheat?? Boo-frikkin'-hoo. Any old excuse will do, as long as it gets him what he wants. He has a major problem between the ears that's causing him to have these problems in his pants. Having your tubes tied is not going to give you the urge to cheat - your husband sounds extremely insecure about his masculinity, almost to the point where I'm wondering whether he may have been sexually abused as a child.

You should be able to sleep in your own bedroom and say No to sex any time you don't feel like having sex - for him to assume that he has the "green light" is wrong and devalues your equality in the relationship. It just shows how selfish, ignorant and déclassé he is. Why should he call all the shots and control your sexual relationship? I'm glad you're starting to stand up for yourself and are making plans to leave him. Nobody needs that kind of uninformed bullcrap directing their life. That attitude might have flown a couple of centuries ago, but in 2008, it is simply unacceptable.

You aren't doing your kids any favours by staying in a relationship that revolves around chauvinistic ignorance - you don't want them to think that this is "normal" do you?

If you're done having babies (and by the time you're in your 40s, I'm hoping that you are) then having your tubes tied is the best method of permanent chemical-free birth control. It can be done first thing in the morning, and you're on your way home a few hours later. You ache for a couple of days afterward. Effective for birth control immediately (vasectomy is usually deemed effective after a 6-months post-op follow-up sperm count of zero).

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Whoa, hang on just a sec, ladies. Sounds like there's a few more problems here than just BC. This lady has already gone thru hell because of her birth control, and he's too lazy to wear a condom? And you think SHE should get a far more invasive expensive procedure than he would have too, just because "jehovah" wants him to stay "whole"? Bet his tune would change if he needed a tonsilectomy.

Whoa hold on there yourself big fella, I'm not taking lightly suggesting that she get her tubes tied. She stated that her other birth control options (the pill or some other hormonal meds) don't work for her and the side effects are doing more harm than good. Her hubby has refused to be understanding about it (some hubby but he's not mine) has shown that he's very selfish (sans refusal to wear condom and jerking off way too much). So one good option, if she has completed her family and doesn't want anymore babies, is to get her tubes tied. It won't stop her periods but it will take care of having to use hormonal based birth control and having to worry about condoms (unless she decides to have sex with someone other than her husband.)

Yes it's an invasive procedure but speaking from the experience of going through the procedure and compared to having a baby be it by c-section or vaginal...it ain't all that.

Josie

• Free
    Free

Sounds like your husband is not as smart as you are. ( Make him gay, What is he 18 years old ? )

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

He should let you have sex with vasectomised males so you are happy and unpregnant! Probem solved!

JWs have lots of doctrine that so mess up the logic and empathy of a couple who may otherwise become close and develop a lifetime bond of love - they create a permanent set of rules that keep levering relationships apart.

I'm not sure about what you could do that leaves the decision with you - the lady who mentioned tieing your tubes seems well sorted and I would be inclined to listen to her - that way the decisions lie with yoyu and you can lie whenever you like! Obviously I'm not advocating deceit when I say that!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

With tuba-ligation just being tied does not always offer a permanent solution, many have experienced a pregnancy 6 months down the road due

to them becoming untied. If your desire is a permanent take then (cut and small stitch) can be done.

hope

• Nellie
    Nellie

Scully - talk about reading between the lines. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I know the two involved . . . and you're right - there's more going on between his ears than between his legs. And nothing, including therapy, counseling, or the elders, is getting through to this guy. He's living in his own fantasy world!

We girls have had this discussion . . . time and time again. She knows she needs to leave . . . but her own issues keep her there. She's looking for strength - hopefully, the strength to leave (and not the strength to endure). I keep telling her that her concern has got to be her and the kids. That God doesn't want her to spend the rest of her life miserable, alone and afraid (yes there's a potential physical threat - he's that unstable!) She's worried about how he'll react and/or deteriorate after she leaves. Until she can get rid of this guilt . . . she'll be there and miserable...or he'll eventually snap and I'll lose a dear friend.

I pray one of you can get through to her because I can't seem to.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I find it incredible to hear someone say the elders counselling and therapy aren't getting through!

The elders are the antithesis of advice and compassion! They are the WT shunn police and family blackmail crooks!

If the guy had any chance of being helped, WTBTS dogma ensure he has a tougher road to crawl!

And you speak as if the man has all the problems - I rarely hear - ever - of similar lines of reasoning about females in what ever way!

So I agree that there are issues but saying this guy is a human reject of his own making aint on my list !

He needs a woman who ticks his tock just as much as she needs a guy who floats her boat!

• reniaa
    reniaa

I thought there sounded more to this than just contraception. I would say if there is possibility of physical danger you are justified in leaving the situation. You are the victim of his issues and he needs to sort them out, in the short term though if he refuses vasectomy as someone already said you are also justified in getting a sterilised if you are satisified you want no more children.

reniaa

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Welcome, jonie...

I bet others will have way better suggestions, but here's my 2 cents. Vasectomies never made anyone gay. Indeed, every gay man I know (including me) has not had a vasectomy.

Your husband is being a spoiled brat. Does he have the same issues with the body modification called "circumcision"?

How could your husband have such a complete disregard for your health?

I don't think I'd like this guy, who has no consideration for you, for your health, and equates his manhood with lack of taking responsibility for birth control - or something as unimportant to manhood as a vasectomy.

You deserve way better.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Witnesses do teach that you can't get a vasectomy unless the life of the woman would be put in danger from pregnancy. They used to teach that sterilization was mutilation of the body.

It sounds like your health is in jeapordy, so he doesn't have a reason, even in jw land. The other issues are just, well, creepy. Something is really wrong with your husband. There is mental abuse already, maybe the potential for physical abuse?

Think seriously about what is best for you and your children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit