Mr. T does not love Jehovah

by MissingLink 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

The "why can't JWs say good luck" thread made me remember something from my childhood.

I was a child in the 80s. Mr. T was HUGE back then. He used to say "I pity the fool that ______" (insert anything here). And on the A-Team he would say to Mad Murdock - "Be quiet Fool!"

Me and my little sister loved this. We would put on our meanest deepest voices and play around like this. My sister would interrupt me saying "Be quiet fool!" and we'd both have a great laugh.

My JW mom put a stop to this foolishness though. She said that the Watchtower says that the word "fool" means "someone who doesn't love Jehovah". And that was the worst thing we could say to each other. She just couldn't bear the thought of one of us not loving Jehovah. We must stop using this horrible word. We tried to reason with her - "Mom, get a dictionary, that's not what fool means". But she didn't want to hear what the dictionary had to say on the matter. The Watchtower was all she needed. We would get in big trouble for using "the f word".

Can any of you fools relate?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

heh, that's a good one. And yeah, the bible does actually say that. What kind of mentality is that? "You don't believe in my invisible friend, so I'm going to call you names."

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yeah and I remember when the word "awesome" first started to be used, like, um, yeah, every other word (lol)

My mother would constantly get after my brother for saying that - Jehovah is the only thing that should be described using that word

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I remember being little (about 6) and not being allowed to say that word.

It's NOT just JWs, but many black and white fundamentalist religions.

Matt 5:22

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Wasn't "weird" also forbidden, since it had demonic connotations? Maybe it was "strange"? I don't remember the word now, but one of 'em got tagged as demonic and you got "the look" if you used it.

But they aren't a cult. No sir. No way. *roll eyes*

Dave

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Using the word "weird" was never forbidden around here. I would always yell at people for being 'offended' by some one saying good luck. Here is how my arguemnt went:

What is wrong with saying good luck?

Reply: We don't beleve in The God of Good Luck.

Isn't there a God of Wine, and a God of Love? Do you believe in wine and love and do you use those words? What is the difference between "time and unforseen occourance" and "luck". "Luck" isn't a god's name so the word is ok to use. Do you use the word "weird"? (Yes, what's wrong with that?) The word "weird" comes from the name "Wyrd", who was one of the three Fates - or a false god. So when you say, "Wow, that was really weird", you are attributing those events to a a false god. So if you're going to tell me not to use words, make sure that you know what the words actually mean.

Of course I said weird all the time and I didn't care if anybody else did either. I just wanted to show people that they didn't know what they wrere talking about.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Reporter: Mr. T do you hate Jehovah?

Mr.T: (slowly licks lips, Leers at the camera) I don't hate Jehovah, But I PITY the fool that claims to speak and act for him.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Can witnesses say "foolproof"?

• BFD
    BFD

I remember as a kid using the word "adorable" was verbotten.

As in.. oh my, that little puppy is so adorable.

::ducks from in coming high heel::

BFD

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Can witnesses say "foolproof"?

I think that Foolproof probably means proving that someone doesn't love Jehovah by looking at the numbers on their field service report.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit