What Craft Or Hobby Keeps YOU busy?

by Sunspot 36 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

I enjoy writing music in experimental tunings, especially tunings that have more notes than the traditional twelve to the octave.

• shell69
    shell69

I HATE WINTER AND AUTUMN.

I drink too much.

Another reason to hate myself.

Shell69

• DJK
    DJK

Gardening is a hobby for me. Vegetables mostly.

I have an area set up in the basement where I do stained glass projects, when its warm. Its cool down there now. I get little time to do it when it is warm because of the gardens.

I also have a koi pond with more than sixty fish.

• shell69
    shell69

DJK

I want to grow some flowers/ herbs.

But I always seem to kill everything I try to grow. I think it'd be good for me. Any advice?

Much love Shell69

• brinjen
    brinjen

My hobbies: Computers, building electronic kits, radios (though haven't played around with them for quite a while), learning to play the guitar.

My crafts: Mostly graphic design / photo editing. I'd love a job in that field, slowly working on it. I occasionally do oil paintings, again haven't done one in ages though I can 'feel' one coming on. I have the canvas on the easel ready to go, was actually thinking of starting on the weekend.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I love arts and crafts and I will try my hand at anything - I have scrapped, decopaged, mosaiced, cross stitched, painted and beaded - all with reasonable success - I am a creative person with a very short attention span!

I really want to start painting or doing a mosaic again, because I find it so therapeutic!

Other than that, I enjoy reading and JWD!!!

I am happy for you Annie that you managed to start crocheting - Well done (that is something I really cant do!!!)

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I used to ba an avid reader. That was when I was married to THE EX! Now that I ahve a true soul mate, I find it hard to stay focused on any one book. I did gretly enjoy C of c and have ordered the other. other than that, I bowl on three differant leagues every week. Yea, I know, bad associations blah blah blah. It's the most fun I've had in years.

NMG

• DJK
    DJK

Fertilizers high in phosphate. 20-20-30, thirty is phosphate, the higher the better for blooming type plants. You can cheat with Miracle Grow.

Check plants for sun and water requirements.

Google "Growing Tomatoes" for example. You will find much of what you need to know about specific plants.

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

What a great idea for a thread! I have done just about everything- used to macrame when I was a kid, have done plastic canvas, crocheted (still have a half finished project or two!), still have a sewing machine, love to make Christmas ornaments, like to do wood painting, have a mosaic project I'm trying to get started, used to draw, scrapbook- yea Creative Memories! (although I haven't had time to in a while), did cross stitch for a while (again, still have plenty of projects lying around), occasionally do some stamping, but mostly the houseplants (including an African violet) are the only thing I have any regular time for, and I do have some rose bushes. Used to read a lot, always wanted to do stained glass. I have a ton of supplies for a million and one projects...Recently started yoga, Will start walking on a regular basis again soon. Researching the dubs and watchtower have been all consuming lately... :(

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Another gardener here - not a good one though lol! I grow the 'easiest' veg - potatoes, carrots, onions, turnip/swede and brussels sprouts/broccolli/cabbages (these usually get eaten by the slugs before I get to grow them big enough for me I have some carpet remnants this year though so I'll make collars for the bottom of the young plants.

I'm doing my theology degree too - not for a career as yet, so I guess you could call it a hobby!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit