What Craft Or Hobby Keeps YOU busy?

by Sunspot 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

As long as I can recall, I have always had at least three craft or needlework "projects" going at one time! I have had a few "unproductive years" due to two strokes that affected my right side and the use of my fingers. I tried a few things and then put them down in desperation.

Recently I picked up a crochet hook again DETERMINED to figure out a way to get things working again.....and it is slow and very awkward but I CAN still crochet! I have been working on two different projects and I am SO PSYCHED that I can actually DO this again!

I am making two poncho/cape type of things----one in a blue denim yarn and the other in a variegated yarn of muted purples and blues that makes me smile when looking at the colors!

I also love doing Plastic Canvas projects, they are easy for me to get the needle where I want it to go, haha! I ordered a bunch of patterns from Ebay and they are sitting here all ready to dive into when I finish up my present projects!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soooo.....what crafts, hobbies or artwork keeps YOU busy.....and what are you working on at the moment? Care to share?

Let's hear about YOUR creative side!

hugs,

Annie

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

My Hobby would be: Riding Four wheelers with my husband & son. I also take Kick boxing classes twice a week. I really enjoy that!!! I also sell Premier Designs Jewelry. My husband says I just sell it to have all the jewelry they have!

My Craft would be: I love doing scrapbooks for my son & family. I've got one room in my house that has just about everything that Creative Memories ever made; I just don't have enough time to do it!!!!! But I do really enjoy it..........

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I am not good at crafts, never have been. But my hobbies are reading and writing poetry. When my kids were little, I wrote poems for them to share with thier class. Lilly

• snowbird
    snowbird

I am not good at crafts, never have been. But my hobbies are reading and writing poetry. When my kids were little, I wrote poems for them to share with thier class. Lilly Ditto. In grade school, I used to do other kids' homework in exchange for their finishing my craft projects. Sylvia

• Casper
    Casper

Just about any needle work... I have knitted several baby sets (sweater, hat & booties). Crocheted several baby blankets. I really liked cross stitching, but it got to be too much for my eyes.

When I was a jw... I used to sew, made some really cute dresses for my girls and myself.... got over that tho... lol.

I also love indoor houseplants, the kind that don't scream constantly for water... altho, I did grow some African Violets from seed one time. Was awesome, as the seeds were smaller than a grain of salt. Used a grow light system. Brought 40 plants to flower.

Most of my plants now are "Caudex" ones. The kinds with the large knarly trunks, the uglier the better. Kinda look like Bonsai, without all the work. Really want to have a "Green House" some day.

I do charcole drawings, took some lessons. Would love to take oil painting lessons, if such were to ever be available in this small hick town...!

Now, I mostly read, take care of my pets & plants.

Cas

• real one
    real one

my hobby is serving God

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My hobbies are Model Building, Reading, and nit-picking the wt

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am great with crafts. However, since I joined JWD, I don't hardly ever do anything constructive.

I draw. I string beads. Once I strung an entire half curtain for my daughter's window, with beaded flowers. Anything creative and artistic. I love to read as well. I love to tinker around with Windows Paint. One time I did a portrait of my daughter. I sent it to many people. But no one saved it and it's been lost forever.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm always busy but when I can fit it in I'm usually doing a crochet or knitting project. I recently finished a crocheted hooded baby blanket which I donated for a raffle at my son's school. I'm about to start another project but this will involve sewing, I'm going to make some fabric slippers and an eyemask for my sister's birthday. The pattern for the slippers is in this month's issue of Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion and I found the eyemask pattern on the Burdastyle free pattern site.

• Casper
    Casper

wanted to add :

I am really happy for you Sunspot... that you are again able to do something that you enjoy...

Also... lol... you have "Inspired"...me... now I must go dig around in all my old yarn baskets and see what I can find..

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit