What Craft Or Hobby Keeps YOU busy?

by Sunspot 36 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

I love to knit and crochet. I have more patterns than I can complete in my lifetime.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

In my pre-children days, I enjoyed crocheting, cross stitch, sewing, reading and gardening. ALL out the window now. I even have someone cut the lawn.

momz

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Reading, travel, reloading, working in my garage and collecting coins

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Aside from helping to ruin the Watchtower Society and growing plants (which will be decorated again come Christmas)...

• flipper
    flipper

SUNSPOT- Good thread ! Well, my wife Mrs. Flipper has many hobbies she enjoys ! She really has a green thumb- is great in the garden ! She can grow anything ! In the spring up here in the Sierra mountains we have a lovely garden , thanks to her, all kinds of flowers and different vegetables. She also does rock work outside - laying down rocks for walkways ! She gets the rocks from river shores we go hiking to . Also, she enjoys hiking , backpacking ,reading, and listening to music, live and on CD's !

Mr. Flipper enjoys collecting and buying scenery art off E-Bay from the 1920's and 1930's ! Framed art of mountain sceneries , rivers, lakes, fishing prints, hunting,animals, deer, bear , mountain lions ! We have about 100 framed prints hanging on our walls I've collected for 10 years ! I get good deals on them , know what they are worth so I buy wisely ! I also enjoy puttzing around in the garden helping my wife. I love going on hiking or camping trips with her, and I am an avid fisherman ! I enjoy photography as well , taking pictures of where we hike in the Sierra backcountry . I am continuing enjoying searching for Bigfoot or Sasquatch with my son ( wife comes too sometimes ) . I too enjoy reading , listening to music on CD's or live , and playing with our 3 cats and 2 dogs ! I enjoy golfing as well, when I'm not too busy ! So, we are busy people ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• patio34
    patio34

Hello Sunspot (and everyone else)!

I've had so many life changes (well, two) in the past 1 1/2 years that it's knocked hobbies/crafts down to the bottom. But with one of my new circumstance changes (I retired!) I hope to have some personal time!

So, this is what I plan to re-start:

Knitting

Gardening

I have been doing a lot of reading and writing (a book I'm toying with), and lots of cooking and baking. But mostly I'm getting accustomed to having some personal time! My other big change is a time-gobbler--I'm raising two active grandsons (ages 8 and 11).

Cheers!

Pat

• chickpea
    chickpea

plants and gardens have become a hobby.... container gardening on the deck is a challenge, but insures more produce than the "feed the deer" patch i have finally abandoned..... i have even created an "outdoor room" on the upper deck, complete with furnishings and art.... a wonderful environment to spend time in.... already have a yearning to play in the dirt.... just waiting for the season to arrive ( it was -5 F this morning.... )

i am a fairly accomplished handy-ma'am, so i enjoy the projects a homeowner is faced with as part of maintaining a property..... anything from painting, drywalling, minor plumbing and wiring, roofing, remodeling, tiling, yada yada

i read voraciously ..... i enjoy reading foreign newspapers ( english only so far) and i do a lot of research (student) in healthcare, beyond requirements

i am using rosetta stone to learn french..... slogging along but determined.... i want to join an overseas volunteer organization after the youngest graduates in 2011, and second language is a plus

cooking is another fun endeavour especially when other family members chime in.... we have a few "famous" dishes oft requested for pot-lucks

i am a gin ( the card game!!!) and scrabble junkie.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit