Is my JWD addiction healthy?

by Princess Daisy Boo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I figure I have to spend my time doing something. What suffers for me is I dont watch tv. I think a lot of people watch a couple of hours of tv a day and think nothing of it. I spend about an hour on the computer.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Well I am glad to know I am not alone in my sad addiction - I am feeling a bit sorry for myself today so it is good to the get a change in perspective... maybe this is more a hobby than an addiction although it is clearly a hobby I am very very very interested in!

Lou, you are absolutely right! I wish we could have a South African Apostafest - pity you, me and Mrs Smith are all in different parts of the country! I will pm you my postal address!

• Maddie
    Maddie

I have thought the same thing about myself, but perhaps we need to have this in our lives as our experiences have left a big hole. It is therapeutic to have people we can relate to, others who understand how we feel inside. In time, as we heal, we can move on with our lives more so don't worry honey.

Maddie

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

We're a bunch of sick people.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While I lean toward saying a JWD addiction can be unhealthy, I want to make an exception.
    If you need help, you need help. If you need therapy, hopefully you get it.
    I need to vent my bitterness at WTS and I vent it. I need a release of that bitterness.

Coming to JWD everyday and posting 12 comments a day, or reading 30 threads a day
    or whatever your level of involvement might seem unhealthy, and I hope it tapers off for you.
    But if the alternative is "going postal" or entering severe depression, then the addiction is
    helping in some ways.

I try to view it as a methodone substitute. Methodone is not good for you, but it lets you
    withdraw from heroine. Withdrawal from methodone can be more difficult, though. You have
    to take your time and be ready to reduce your dosage.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Internet addiction is a real thing. Plus, the real problem comes up when you attach your emotions to the site. Feeling upset with what people say, or needing this site for emotional support. Never disconnect from real life too much.

• JH
    JH
    We're a bunch of sick people.

No, not me I'm the exception here

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Whether it's interfering with your life or not, one thing stands out sure. An addiction to this forum is much healthier than wasting all that time out in field circus, worrying about attending all those boasting sessions, and having your mind narrowed down to what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells you.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Maybe we need a JWD Rehab center???

Like the song goes..."They want me to go to Rehab and I say, NO...NO...NO..."

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I am fairly new here but I feel exactly the same way you do. I check all the threads several times a day. Lots of times I can't comment because I have no clue what to say. But Its such a comfort to FINALLY after 25 years of being out of the JW religion to feel I have someone to talk to and others to listen to about all the things that bothered me about being a JW and Not being a JW anymore.

YOU ARE NOT addicted. You need the support and I needed the support for years but didn't have it until just recently. now I am obsessed with finding out every little thing I can about why we all are right to have left the LIE.

Hugs from Velvet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit