Is my JWD addiction healthy?

by Princess Daisy Boo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Princess Daisy

I don't know about you but I have NEVER over the 25 years been able to talk to anyone who understood about what it was like to grow up being a JW. My husbands, friends etc were not JW's and when I tried to tell them about my fears and nightmares over the years they just could NOT understand why I couldn't just forget it. HERE AT LAST I am reading about others feelings, fears, anger etc and so many times its just exactly how I felt. Its such a comfort to have a place to go and to be able to vent or just listen.

As long as it doesn't cut into your family time, work and sleep I can't see it being harmful. I am sure in time it will fade and you will not be on as often as you have been.

Its like a daily Soap Opera here some days though, hard to turn off LOL Like the Trevor thing yesterday!!!! I thought that was Wild.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I don't think it's healthy. But, we are all kind of nosy and want to know "the latest" going on in this little JWD world.

Most of us have a real desire to see the WTS crumble to the ground in a blaze of scandal and get paid back for all

the pain and anguish and deceit they have perpetrated on the poor unsuspecting and trusting rank and file members.

So, we check in everyday hoping to see a sign that it is indeed happening.

Also, I am entertained by the WTS's contant flip-flopping and mad scramble to undo some outdated doctrine that

they have pushed for years and years. It's fun watching the flickering of "new light" and seeing them squirm to cover

their lyin' asses yet one more time.

Then, we have our "pet" posters ---- the ones we admire, the ones we detest, the ones that make us cry, the ones that

make us laugh, the ones that make us think, the ones that uplift us and the ones that bring something fresh to contemplate.

So, you're not the only one addicted, but like any addiction, you must learn to find moderation!!!

• Casper
    Casper

Good to know, I also, am not alone.

I have been reading this board almost daily since "IT BEGAN". I have watched people come and go over the years. It changes all the time. I think that makes it interesting.

Also sharing with like minded people. Like was mentioned above, NO one understands, unless they have been there. My Husband has never been a JW, and tries so hard to get it... but, it just isn't the same.

I have had my reasons for not posting very much... but that is getting better all the time.

Journey-on... I totally agree with you...

Cas

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

WTW............Amen to you......

NMG

• mouthy
    mouthy

And I feel like I need the support because my JW life is never going be completely behind me.

I agree with that comment...I am totally addicted to this site. I have tried a few times to exit. But no can do. You have become my family. I live in a very small apartment .The computor is here ALL the time in my face. First thing in the a.m. Bathroom, jwd,e.mails, breakfast ....Talk about being a hampster on a wheel ---me!!!!

I still love all the JW's... that will never cease I guess untill I "kick the bucket" And because my kid there. But I have you lot So glad I have....

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

aw - big hugs for granny grace - grannies are the best - my one gran is still a JW and hasn't spokent to me for 3 years - she is really getting on in years, when she bumped my other grand (worldly one) The worldy gran told the JW gran I still loved her and would like to see her very much. JW gran couldn't even say anything - she acted like she didn't hear my world gran.

• mouthy
    mouthy

aw - big hugs for granny grace - grannies are the best - my one gran is still a JW and hasn't spokent to me for 3 years - she is really getting on in years, when she bumped my other grand (worldly one) The worldy gran told the JW gran I still loved her and would like to see her very much. JW gran couldn't even say anything - she acted like she didn't hear my world gran. Thank you Lou!! Isnt it sad that as JWS we became un-natural. Your poor Gran is only doing what she believes is Gods will. Under her mind contol she is not allowed to think for herself. But thank God I believe in the final judgement God will be examining hearts.... Take care of yourself (hug)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit