Is my JWD addiction healthy?

by Princess Daisy Boo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

When I switch on my laptop at home, the first site I go to is JWD. When I get into work, I make myself a coffee and go back to my desk and check out JWD. Sometimes, when I am standing in a queue or waiting for someone and I am not near either of my computers, I will browse on my cell phone.

I think I may have an addiction to this site, but I am scared to switch off. I am probably not as chatty as some - I have made just under 300 posts in 6 months, but I feel the need to hang around the site constantly. I feel a sense of support and belonging amongst you all, that I dont get from my real life friends, most because as much as I explain my JW past away, they just dont get it!

And I feel like I need the support because my JW life is never going be completely behind me.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Don't feel bad, I can Sooooooo Relate!

Hope4Others

• looloo
    looloo

i really relate to this , im the same my family say im addicted too , but i feel that people on here know how i feel about my issues with jws , my friends and workmates just think its totally bonkers that religion and can not understand how i was sucked in , my hub is disfellowshipped but rarely discusess it with me and when he does his bitterness and anger all comes out "i hate them , i hate them all " (jws) i think he needs to see someone because he keeps his anger inside about everything and i worry that it will affect him .

• DJK
    DJK

I know, I'm not alone. Not anymore.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Glad it's not just me then. Since I can't talk with anyone else about any of my feelings this is my only outlet.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

An addiction can be very different from an interest or a hobby. I would say it is not healthy if you were missing work, neglecting your personal relationships, or not bathing.....

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Princess

I am about the same as you, at work I get the JWD site on and check the latest info every day - though I am not at the "surf on the mobile phone" stage!!

I think you are right, their is a certain comfort from coming here, perhaps just to be reminded we are not alone.

JWD gives us all a big cyberhug!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I don't really feel addicted in so much as I feel in touch with others of a like mind. i am usually on at this time each day and sometimes i may check in the afternoon. I just have alot of free time on my hands and I feel that I am getting an education here.

Am also making GREAT new friends.

NMG

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Princess Daisy Boo: You are right, others' out there (people that haven't been a JW) just don't get it and even explaining it to them - they don't realise how deep the level of mind control goes - here we all know what it's like - we are all connected by this and the fact that our eyes have been opened and we really want those that are still "in" to get out of her.

JWD is the first site I log into every morning - I'll browse the new topics, post whatever I have to say, I go through ALL the catagories - might start a topic. Then I download my work email.

PLUS we don't have a lot of south africans on here - damn we could have get togethers, exchange christmas cards - actually Daisy Boo, you and Mrs. Smith must give me your addresses - I'll post you christmas cards but you may have to hide them from the beleivers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit