I have a HUGE dilemma and I need your help/advice

by Bumble Bee 46 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

BB, I'm sorry for your lose.

If you said your goodbyes at the hospital, go to your party. I wish I could come too.

If it is a matter of telling them you are coming or not, and you just don't want to make the call and say no, Tell them yes, and the day of or day before, tell them you have fever, and diarrhea. That will make them tell you to stay away.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Hi BB

Sorry about your Uncle . At least you got to say your goodbyes personally and you can be at peace with that.

You are brave for RSVPing to say you wont be there. I have come to the conclusion that we waste too much time and energy on things we feel we "should" be doing out of responsibility. Have a drink in honour of your uncle at the St Paddy's day party and enjoy yourself!

Love

Boo

• Dagney
    Dagney

What Uzzah said, if you are at peace with the decision not to go.

And perhaps in lieu of flowers send a donation in his name to a worthy cause, perhaps the Canadian Red Cross or blood bank?

• Gopher
    Gopher

For BUMBLE BEE,

I wanted to post this amusing/amazing video clip - "Flight of the Bumblebee" played on the piano by a 12-year-old child prodigy who can't read music.

The clip is from Steve Allen's old game show "I've Got a Secret", and the song starts about 50 seconds into this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eKEsDglB8s

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    BB, the words JW big wigs would make me run screaming.

Yeah me too Dinah - although part of me is curious as to who will be there - do you think I could get autographs??

Parakeet - I said the same damn thing when I left - and so far I've been able to avoid it for 6 years.

You go only if you need to in order to help you grieve (seems irrelevant in your case), or in order to support those who were close to the deceased as it helps to know that a lot of people cared about them.

Sass - I thinnk someday it will hit me, but strangely enough, I really don't feel much right now.

Pope John absolves you of all guilt. Go in peace my child,

Thank you JK

If it is a matter of telling them you are coming or not, and you just don't want to make the call and say no, Tell them yes, and the day of or day before, tell them you have fever, and diarrhea. That will make them tell you to stay away.

Damn HL!! NOW you tell me that! lol That really made me laugh! Thanks! LOL LOL

You are brave for RSVPing to say you wont be there. I have come to the conclusion that we waste too much time and energy on things we feel we "should" be doing out of responsibility. Have a drink in honour of your uncle at the St Paddy's day party and enjoy yourself!

You are right, PDB, and nvr expressed similar thoughts. I know I'm certainly guilty of that, and it's something I've been working on. My uncle was Irish, and he did like to have a drink, so I think we'll take a moment and raise a glass to him.

And perhaps in lieu of flowers send a donation in his name to a worthy cause, perhaps the Canadian Red Cross or blood bank?

Well, considering he died because of refusing blood - maybe I'll donate some blood so someone else can live.

Gopher - that girl is amazing! Thank you!

I just want to say how much I appreciate you all - it really means alot to me!

BB

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You should be like me. I have no problem alienating people. If you don't want to go then don't. If you don't particularly care for that side of the family, send flowers and a sympathy card that has a big cross on it.

W

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you know, being the sort of person I am, if I donated blood for someone like that, I'd be sure to write a note to the family saying "I donated blood in memory of my uncle... I'm so sorry for your loss. Love, BB"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit