I have a HUGE dilemma and I need your help/advice

by Bumble Bee 46 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

What pmouse said.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Sorry to hear that your uncle died Bumble Bee. It sounds like you have made up your mind but feel a little guilty about not going. You have said your goodbyes and that is the most important thing IMO. To go just for appearances is meaningless as you don't want to be there anyway.

Maddie

• oompa
    oompa

Sorry all, I often do not see the serious side of things for wanting to find humor in anything.....I do apologize............oompa

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

oompa - there is nothing to be sorry about - I love humour! You have to be able to laugh about things in life. No offence taken.

• oompa
    oompa

Oh Bumblebee...now I love you so....I think you have already made peace with your uncle.....and thank you......oompa

• BFD
    BFD

Sorry about your uncle, BB. To keep the man waiting for his funeral seems wierd to me. Under normal circumstances wouldn't the funeral be much sooner following death? Since the Gilead people can't re-arrange thier schedule for him I don't see why you should have to.

Send a card with a donation to the local Red Cross in his name in lieu of flowers. For sure they will notice you were "there".

BFD

• llbh
    llbh

I say enjoy the living, your friends they will appreciate it, you more

Regards David

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Grasshopper Bumble Bee, therein lies your answer:

Soooooo, do I forego the funeral and stick with the plans I already have, or do my familial duty and attend the funeral? (As a side note, none of my counsins came to my fathers funeral, not that that should be a deciding factor in the matter.)

I would feel this way about not wanting to go even if I didn't have the plans I do.

You have already fullfilled your obrigation, glasshopper.

• JK666
    JK666

BB,

I would go ahead with your plans. My experience with JW funerals as a disfellowshipped person has sucked. Locally they seat worldly people and DFed people in the cloakroom, if it is crowded. An awful experience, the last time I will attend a KH is when my mother passes. I know that you are not DFed, but their not even notifying you until now shows how you might be treated if you went.

((((((((((((((((((((((BB)))))))))))))))))))))

JK

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Thank you all for the advice, much appreciated. I'll go back in a bit and respond to each of you.

Here's another question - how do I "tactfully" say I'm not attending? I have to say if I'm going or not so they can reserve a seat.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit