I have a HUGE dilemma and I need your help/advice

by Bumble Bee 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

Why do you have to reply? So they know how many "family" seats to save at the funeral, and how many corsages to order? Sigh.

They put you in an awkward position by not informing you in a timely manner of your uncle's passing. Now they expect an RSVP? Sigh.

OK, say "I regret I'll be unable to attend." If you could make it even shorter than that, it would be even better. Sigh.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Send a card and write some nice memory of your uncle, and leave it at that. They will treat you like dirt, you won't be invited to the social later and you will have people preaching at you. YOu know the service won't be about your uncle at all, it will likely be the all purpose "ignore the dead person and talk up the religion" speech. Who needs that?

I am glad you got to say your good-bye. My only JW uncle is a very sad confused man, and my mom's favorite sibling-even though he is totally messed up. I would go because no one but my mom is JW and I doubt they would even have a JW funeral for him. I love him, even though he did shun me for years-He actually helped us move last summer, so I think the WT has lost its mental stranglehold on him.

• oompa
    oompa

soo sorry...i am off continent right now............oompa

• garybuss
    garybuss

Anytime I can choose between a bad deal and a good deal, I'll take the good deal every time.

I never heard of reserved seating at funerals. Must be a Canadian thing.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    I never heard of reserved seating at funerals. Must be a Canadian thing.

Gary - they want to make sure they set aside enough seats for family members as it will more than likely be standing room only. Supposed to be alot of bigwig JW's from all over attending, plus everyone in the surrounding area.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Unfortunately I have prior commitments for that day that I cannot break. I am very happy to have had a chance to say good bye to Uncle ****.

My thoughts will be with you and your family that day.

BB

How does that work?

• JK666
    JK666

Either what Uzzah said, or just don't tell them until the 16th. That would be fair considering how promptly they notified you of his death.

JK

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

LMAO @ JK!!! Thanks for that! I needed a good laugh! lol lol lol

Uzzah you are right, keep it short and simple. It's just that we tend to try and give an explaination when we really shouldn't have to. I've submitted my RSVP as "not attending".

There are going to be so many people there, and I really don't think I'll be missed. I'll arrange to spend some time with my aunt after things have settled down for her.

Thank you all - I feel closer to many of you here than I do my own family.

BB

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo

I concur ... excellent advice.

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo

[Send flowers and your condolences and then go ahead and follow through on your plans. Paula] I concur ... excellent advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit