I have a HUGE dilemma and I need your help/advice

by Bumble Bee 46 Replies latest jw friends

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo

[Send flowers and your condolences and then go ahead and follow through on your plans. Paula

I concur ... excellent advice.

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo

[Send flowers and your condolences and then go ahead and follow through on your plans. Paula

Took three tries but I got it posted. Looks like a "preview" thingy is needed here. (Unless you're an HTML Web head.)

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo

[Send flowers and your condolences and then go ahead and follow through on your plans.

Paula]

Took three tries but I got it posted. Looks like a "preview" thingy is needed here. (Unless you're an HTML Web head.)

Oops, no, it takes four or five times to get it right.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi BB,

Sorry about Unc . Several of my closest friends - including elders - didn't come to Dad's memorial. Hunting trips, the cares of life, etc. I don't fault them for not being there. They showed their concern in other ways and at other times. Some pre-arranged plans cannot be readily altered ...

The best,

CoCo

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Thank you CoCo for your kind words.

Somebody sent me a PM and asked if the family would want my support or if it was just out of family obligation. I would have to say I would really not be there as support for the family. I could see if we were close, and if I'd been included in other family gatherings, celebrations, but I haven't. Several of my relatives didn't even recognize me when I went to the hospital, that's how long it's been since they've seen me, I knew none of my cousin's children.

I will spend some time with my aunt after things are settled, and remember him on the day of his funeral in my own way.

BB

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Have I mentioned that I really don't want to go to the funeral? I was not close to him, said my goodbye at the hospital already, and really don't feel a part of this side of my family, and never will because they are ALL super dubs.

BB sorry about your Uncle.

You said your goobys and respect his wishes at the hospital.

To go to the Funeral, its for the other people not for your Uncle.

If you don't want to be there. (Don't)

Go ahead with your plans.

• parakeet
    parakeet

When I left the JWs, I swore to myself I would never step foot in a KH again. I've kept that promise to this day and have never regretted it. You would simply be exposing yourself to the snubs and other insults JWs love to do when an ex shows up. Don't give them that pleasure and make yourself miserable in the process. Your uncle would understand.

Don't go to the funeral; go do that other thing instead. Nor would I bother to respond about reserving a seat. They don't deserve even that much consideration.

• dinah
    dinah

BB, the words JW big wigs would make me run screaming.

I understand you don't wanna let your mom down. That's understandable. If you weren't that close, and you visited him before he died then I would just send flowers.

Then go party like Armageddon is coming tomorrow with those apostates.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Funerals are for the living. You go only if you need to in order to help you grieve (seems irrelevant in your case), or in order to support those who were close to the deceased as it helps to know that a lot of people cared about them.

• JK666
    JK666

BB,

Pope John absolves you of all guilt. Go in peace my child, and enjoy yourself at St. Paddy's festivities! They will have their recruitment meeting without you, yippee yay yah Jah!

Zap Daddy, Pope of the Church of John.

(Please tithe, I need the $$$$$$. I will feed third world people someday, trust me. )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit