Could U Please Cite Some Personal Interesting Observations About The Truth?

by minimus 119 Replies latest jw friends

• Pickled
    Pickled

Thank you Minimus. Glad to be here!

• minimus
    minimus

I appreciate your perspectives.

• Pickled
    Pickled

I'm glad you started this thread, Minimus. If two thirds of Jehovah's Witnesses are leaving their faith, and the claim is that in spite of that, their numbers are increasing, that means that there are a whole lot of people out there considering this belief system for the first time. Based on my own experiences of considering it and then deciding it was not what it appeared to be at first glance, this type of thread is really needed.

What I desperately needed when I was first considering this religion, was for someone, anyone to offer me rational, logical perspectives that presented another side. However much I could understand the pain, anger, and the need for a cathartic "venting" by those who were tossed aside and felt betrayed, I just simply had never been in that same situation. I was at the beginning of a pathway and had never been all the way down that road and to the other side. I consider myself fortunate. I researched extensively and felt very alone in my quest. On the one side was mainstream Christianity with all of it's false teachings that had been so thoroughly pointed out to me. And on the other side was this new religion that seemed too good to be true. And squarely in the middle was my reasoning abilities, and this nagging feeling that I kept trying to ignore because I was becoming convinced that I was finding the truth after all.

What I consider the most fortunate of all is that, because of my need to always question, I finally asked myself..."When did I start to believe that there are only those two options left in the entire Universe?"

When did my thinking become so small?

Freedom is not found in a prepackaged box delivered to your door. Freedom is knowing that you have the right in this vast universe to consider every and all options as long as you are not harming your neighbor in the process. If I am created....then my creator must have something in mind that doesn't require so many twists and turns to recognize.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Christ only has a relationship with the 144,000, not the Great Crowd.

Christ only commanded the 144,000, not the Great Crowd.

So why is it a secret that only the Remnant is commanded to preach, while the Great Crowd is just "invited to support"?

• t33ap80c
    t33ap80c

Minimus asked…

Could you write something either profound or simply interesting so as to make the reader see the truth about "the Truth"?

I think it is interesting that according to the Society’s most up-to-date book of the organization’s history ("Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom") the Society’s first three presidents (Conley, Russell and Rutherford) never knew that Jesus returned in 1914 (assuming that he did return in that year).

How does that fact fit Jesus’ "faithful and discreet slave" illustration at Matthew 24:45-47? It doesn’t fit.

How "faithful" must God have considered them to be when it is realized that He apparently didn’t want those to know when his Son had returned?

And how "discreet" had they been when they announced the wrong date (1874) for 67 years (1876-1943)?

If in 1918-1919 Jesus had examined what those men had been teaching about him, what are the chances he would have said to them: "Well done you faithful and discreet slave"?

Don Cameron
    www.CaptivesOfaConcept.com

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So many pages here, so forgive me if this was posted:

There is absolutely no evidence WHATSOEVER that the word "Jehovah"
    (or a Hebrew or Greek equivalent) was EVER in the New Testament.

It could not be "restored" if it were never there to begin with.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

It seems to me, since leaving the JW lifestyle, that honesty seems to be a very individual thing,
    while truth seems more accurately/best revealed through as collective a perspective as possible.

It troubles me when any one person or group thinks that their exclusive/limited perspective is "the" truth.

I find such thinking to be
    at best an embarrassing lapse
    and at worst a potentially dangerous error
    in judgement.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I agree with Don Cameron's response. Another personal observation about the truth..." You'll never get sick. You will never grow old. And you will never die." The Watchtower society has been proclaiming this as the truth for decades. This attracts and has attracted many people ( including most of us here on JWD. ) It then sustains them as they eagerly await the fulfillment of this promise. Many of us have in time found that this promise about the truth was illusionary.

For many of us have gotten sick and still are suffering some form of sickness. Many of us have grown old and are getting older. And many of us have died, are dying, and will die. What a gross tort of misrepresentation when it comes to the truth!

This we all have personally observed.

Blueblades

• anewme
    anewme

I thought finding the truth would enhance and expand my life, making it fuller and deeper and filled with love and joy!
    Instead, it confined it to loneliness, poverty, judgmental friends, and forced attendance to a building several times a week.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

If you don't walk the walk and talk the talk, no one will bother with you. Because of this, you may also feel that God doesn't want to be bothered with you also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit