Could U Please Cite Some Personal Interesting Observations About The Truth?

by minimus 119 Replies latest jw friends

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

If you were to sit and think up a teaching to make people feel worthless, stop thinking, stop paying attention to their own feelings and likely lose family for not doing, would you call it truth?

And would you then think yourself kind in grooming others to accept it as gods love?

It's not that you can't make this stuff up - no caring person would wish to!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

minimus, I'm going through my social awareness/social injustice phase and I'm really bothered by a situation in my former congregation and I was even thinking of starting a thread about it.

Here is the gist, let me know what you think.

Brother A is a branch committee member in the UK. He and his wife have been given sums of money and provided with holidays in Europe by their fairly well off book study group (Iknow this for a fact). The MS in Brother A' group (bro B) got appointed as an elder a year ago and goes on holdiay every six weeks. Weekends away, skiing trips etc (He got appointed despite enjoying this idyllic way of life). None in the group are pioneering.

And yet they are disocuraging the youngesters in the congo from further education and encouraging pioneering and a simple way of life. Sounds hypocritical to me and scandalous too.

Brother A and his wife and Brother B and his wife and all the members of this group are very very nice 'moral' people but on the other hand am I wrong in seeing hypocrisy here? Shouldn't they just stop giving career and lifestyle advice and let people choose how they want to live and then they too can continue to enjoy the lifestyle they have.

ql

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you dont know what you believe, you will fall for anything. Thats how people fall for the troof.

There is no meaning or purpose to life and people dont like that. When a magazine publishing company tells them they have the meaning and purpose some people fall for it.

Many businesses run on the principle create/ find a need and fill it.

People have a need for meaning and purpose and religion fills it, until people do the math and see it doesnt add up.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Well said QL!

How many of us have seen those in positions of JW power with all the frills of life spouting off to the underprivelaged about how they should give up even more whilst they go on earning big bucks per hour!

I feel it should be the other way round!

Jesus like poor on the platform spouting to the big buck earners to give up their riches completely and work for small wages to pay rent and eat and still do all their xtras!

Least then you could see some consistency to their schpiel!

Arrogance is rife amongst the 'chosen'!

• blondie
    blondie

Only painful personal experiences really convince anyone if at all. I was in for over 40 years and had several "revelations" about deceit, hypocrisy and lying by those in authority in the WTS. But I didn't leave. I somehow convinced myself that God was allowing it and eventually he would discipline the guilty. After 15 years and 5 separate cases of child abuse and mishandling, I decided I no longer wanted to associate myself with an organization that "slaughtered" the emotional life of children. I figured that Isaiah would not have gone down to the temple where there were false idols and worship going on, knowing he could not worship God in truth in association with the people there. So I stopped going. Then I started reading the Studies in the Scriptures and realized how many doctrines had changed and changed back and changed again. Evidently there was a short circuit between the WTS and the holy spirit.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen
    JW's have 237 totally spurious verses in the new testament, just where they changed Lord and God to Jehober.....

Even if they where right in putting the name in these places it's still obviously a lot less important than before. Down from 7000 times in the hebrew scriptures..

• real one
    real one

John 14:5-7 Thomas said "Lord, we dont even know where you are going! How can we know the way?" I am the way, the truth, and the life!093. Jesus answered. "Without me, no one can go to the Father. If you would have known me, you would have known the Father but from now on, you do know Him, and you have seen Him.

So Jesus is the Truth! How dare those jw say they are the only way to get to God. How dare they say only the fds can get to God! Jesus says we can get to God through Him. We dont need them(fds)

How dare they try to take His deity away! How dare they say only 144,000 are going to heaven

They are no different than the Pharisees or Sadducees, false prophets is what they are

jw and truth should not be used in the same sentence

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

If the JW truth was really the truth - why did it change so much? Truth cannot change - it can only remain what it is. One may expand upon it, but it cannot change.

• real one
    real one

so true loubelle!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is no thinking whatsoever. You are told what to do at all times. You are supposed to spend all your time in field circus, and everything you say is given to you by the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. You do that all day, every day. That is supposed to be fulfilling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit