Could U Please Cite Some Personal Interesting Observations About The Truth?

by minimus 119 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

minimus wrote: "For anyone that looks at this thread, could you write something either profound or simply interesting so as to make the reader see the truth about "the Truth"??"

For one thing, I'd be so adamant about the falsity of the Truth, I'd promise myself to start a new thread every day to help people see the truth about "the Truth." (Just messin' with you, minimus. This is one of your better threads.)

The only example I can think of that might help lurkers wake up is when my son was born many years ago. When I first saw his red, puffy, adorable face, I knew that I would do anything, including giving my own blood if needed, to protect his life. Any parents willing to allow their children to die when they could have been saved with a blood transfusion are beyond any help.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The "Truth" denies care and comfort for physically and sexually abused women and children while protecting the abusers and molesters.

• Pickled
    Pickled

If you are considering this new religion take a moment and consider this...

There are books included in the Bible that are more than 3000 years old.

That means that some of the brightest, cleverest, and most brilliant minds on this planet have had more than 3000 years to point out contradictions, misstatements, falsehoods, and flat out lies within it's contents.

Have they been successful? Ever?

What does their lack of success after 3000 years tell you about the Author?

Is the author consistent throughout all the books? Can you read one of the books written over 3000 years ago and compare it with another one of it's books written only 2000 years ago and find no contradictions or acceptable explanations about any changes that occurred?

Can YOU find contradictions? Did the Apostle Paul commend a certain group of people for searching those books with a fine toothed comb to see if there were any contradictions? Does it seem to you that he was not nervous or defensive about what they might find?

So it seems that THIS author's words have stood the test of time and intense scrutiny. Doesn't it?

Now, let's compare THAT author's work with the author of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Literature. I won't even ask you to go back 3000 years. How old are you? Why not just go back THAT many years? Not 3000, but instead the tiny number of years that makes up your own brief lifetime so far.

What are your conclusions about the differences in the 2 authors?

• minimus
    minimus

Once again, very good comments to help lurkers or those on the fence.

• heathen
    heathen

Another thing I could mention is how they observe the lords evening meal by rejecting the symbols of christs suffering openly, also known to be done by occult groups .They claim you cannot associate with known apostates yet will file joint law suits with them such as the jerry falwell case when they did not want to give ceasars things unto ceasar , they once again refuse to pay taxes in france which lead to a multi million dollar law suits which they had to pay for legal representation. They only chose to be recognized as a religion whenever they realized there were tax breaks for "clergy" , yet will not openly call their hierarchy "clergy". If you do that you can be openly reproved in the congregation. Of course everybody knows the hypocrisy of the blood dogma where the fractions can be taken yet whole blood must be rejected .

• minimus
    minimus

Actually reaching people is never going to happen so as to "save their life" if a person haphazardly goes from house to house. There's a lot of "bloodguiltiness" that exists with the Witnesses.

• lola28
    lola28

You asked so here it goes,

I don't think they are as bad as some make them out to be. They are not evil or out to hurt someone when they go out in service. Are they misled? Sure, but that's a far cry from evil. I think so many ppl are so hard core about trying to get back at the society for the things they missed out on that it really clouds their judgment. In all honesty I wonder why so many are angry at the society for keeping them away from their loved ones when it seems to me the anger should be directed towards their friends/family members. After all it's them who have forsaken you, they prefer to follow the rules of a religious organization rather than maintain a relationship with their loved ones. And it is they who have more love for an organization that for their "loved" ones.

• Pickled
    Pickled

If you are currently "studying", there are questions you should ask your “study” partner. Questions are good. Questions can help clarify an overall message. Questions can bring to light underlying ideas, concepts, and beliefs that either time or agenda have not yet exposed. You should also ask yourself some questions so that you can know your own motivation; what your goals are and why those are your goals.

Before a home buyer purchases a house, there is an inspection that takes place. The reason why the house is inspected is because no reasonable buyer wants to spend the next 30 years paying hard earned money, and spending hard to find time repairing a building that is in constant need of maintenance. The potential home owner generally wants to find a structure that is solid, without a shifting foundation, and is an overall reliable investment. That is reasonable. That is also just a house. It’s not a lifestyle change that is going to alienate all of your former friends and family. The house is not going to collapse around you leaving you wounded and confused if you have a guest over that it feels you should have never invited into your home. It’s just a house, and consider how much time is spent on average picking out just the right one.

Ask your study partner about Love. But before you do, ask a co-worker or neighbor who has children if they love their children. Carefully note their response; their body language and facial expressions. Ask yourself if you can remember ever being in love. Describe that love. Consider the way you love your friends, your children, or even the way you felt while watching a news story on TV and the faces of the victims moved you to tears. People you didn’t even know and would never meet, and still you cried.

Before you ask your study partner about Love, ask him/her about what it is that sets the Jehovah’s Witnesses, other than doctrine alone, apart from all other religions. The answer will be LOVE. Now ask what kind of LOVE. The answer will probably be “Love in principle”. The kind of Love that is a principle. The kind of love that is required. Mandated love. Again, carefully note their response; their body language and facial expressions.

Now ask YOURSELF….how important is it to me to feel truly loved? How important has it always been to me in the past to have a friend who sticks by me through thick and thin, no matter what? How have I always felt about co-workers who run to the boss with details about any perceived errors of those they work with? What does genuine love mean to me? Am I willing to live entirely under a different and new definition? How do I think God should love me? Does it match the way this new group of people is loving one another?

Questions are good.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

Some of the things that had the biggest impact on me then, wouldn't really be so now... because I've actually come to a place where I no longer believe in the bible. Back then, though... the biggest things were-

1-The fact that we were only allowed to use the NWT, without any secular affirmation of accuracy in translation. The truth can stand up to evaluation, period.

2-When you look at the organization on a whole, with the many rules and detailed limitations... Counting hours, ranking systems, rules, etc. Does that seem more like Jesus or the pharisees? Which should we want to be like? (honestly this can go for a whole lot of sects)

3-Prior to 1975 all of their literature spoke of itself as a prophet, the very "mouthpiece" of god. 1976 that changed to claiming they were not prophets and have at times had the wrong expectations. They were imperfect people. I verified this with my Watchtower CD**. When I was still a believer in the divinity of the bible that information balanced with Deut. 18:22 makes it clear that once someone has presumed to speak for God and it has not come true, they are are no prophet of God and you should have no fear of what they profess. It was really a big chunk of my feeling a relief and a lack of guilt for my choice to leave.

4-Colossians 2:16,17 and Romans 14:5,6 clearly state that people should continue to honor the days they felt compelled to without judgment. Even the days that revolve around a new moon phase, which is clearly pagan in origin. John 10:22 shows Jesus going to the Temple during the feast of the dedication. (Not exactly being "no part of this world" by JW standards.) Yet JW's would be DF'd and shunned for choosing to honor any days they felt compelled to... in opposition to the first two scriptures given.

**Watchtower 1959 January 15 pp.39-41, Watchtower 1964 June 15 pp.365-6, Watchtower 1972 April 1 p.197, Watchtower 1976 May 15 p.297, Reasoning From the Scriptures (1985, 1989) p.136

• minimus
    minimus

Lola, for sure many are misled. But THEY are the ones following the Organization's dictates. Both the Org. and the JW bear responsibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit