Wear Your Motorcycle Helmet

by Justitia Themis 106 Replies latest social physical

• oompa
    oompa
    Jourles: And if you "know for a fact that he lived," would you care to maybe give us this guy's phone number so we can call and talk to him?

Ha, nice one J.....I now dont feel so bad for being skeptical and a bit sarcastic. I do hate wearing a helmet though, and although I do on my motorcycle in NC (laws), I refuse to obey the bicycle helmet law...just cant do it!! Too many years of freedom without one...it just does not feel right. You feel much more like a kid without one...........oompa

• 5go
    5go

Makes one wonder why 150 MPH crouch rockets are still legal? I think it's time to limit them to a 100 MPH for road versions.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Amazing. I certainly will be emailing this information to my source. Considering his work and the agency from whom he received this picture, that fact that the assertion that he lived is untrue will cause a really big issue!

Thanks for the info folks.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I am sorry if this "outs" you in any way, but that was a risk you took when
    you posted a unique, checkable story and made blatantly erroneous statements
    about it.

I have no idea what point you were trying to make, but by either lying to us
    or by not even bothering to do the barest amount of research before posting,
    you have failed to make any point at all except one about the perils of Internet
    information sharing.

Wow. Inkling, I'm getting the inkling you might need meds. Lying? Most sources say that lying involves intent, i.e., the deliberate intent to mislead. I don't think my post history shows any deliberate intent to mislead. You know, once my dad told me we were going to go to Disneyland that summer, but it turned out we were financially unable to go. I didn't realize he LIED to me; I thought it was an unfortunate mistake. Now, I'm going to have to give him a call 30 years later and get mad at him!

Should I have checked it out more closely? Yep; trusted the source AND the source's source...never a good thing, and I should have known better. And for that, I extend my deepest apologies to the board.

Perils of Internet information sharing? Peril? Hhmmm... I'm not understanding how you were put at grave risk or exposed to loss or harm by the post.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I think we'll understand if you disappear from the board for a few days rather than explaining the contradictions presented.

My Dearest Jourles:

Thank you for your understanding. In this desperate, hate-filled world, it is truly a gift to find generous persons such as yourself.

Regards,

The Ever-Present Justitia

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc
    Makes one wonder why 150 MPH crouch rockets are still legal? I think it's time to limit them to a 100 MPH for road versions

A few years ago, all 4 major Japanese brands, along with Ducati, BMW, and Aprilia, agreed to impose top-speed limits on their products, in the hopes of stemming future legislation. The manufacturers came up with the figure of 300kmh (186 MPH), and agreed not to exceed it. Some will say that the limit should be lowered. I disagree, not from the fact that I think that going over the speed limit is smart, but because this kind of "we know what's best for you" legislation turns my stomach. Let the flaming begin.

Viva La Figa

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

And, always use a helmet. Only idiots and cruiser riders don't wear helmets. Please wear one.

• sooner7nc
  • inkling
    inkling
    this kind of "we know what's best for you" legislation turns my stomach. Let the flaming begin.

Before that, I would like a bit more information...

Would a severe speed limiter (like less that 120 mph) affect the way the bike feels at lower speeds and acceleration?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Yeah I don't think the helmet would have done much for the 120mph impact into the back of the semi truck . If your going to ride a motorcycle momz had some pretty solid advice:

How about, wear your helmet and follow the speed limit signs.

momz

And that still doesn't ensure much, people just don't look for motorcyclists. A couple years ago there was a main road shut down here because a semi was coming through town and just completely switched lanes right over a motorcycle. I was on my lunch break and I drove by, very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit