Are you still in the Will?

by Outaservice 33 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I have no idea, but seriously, I'd rather live in a f***ing tent then live my life that way... Especially if it was on one of the islands, lol...

• StAnn
    StAnn

My parents have two wills. One is a joint will, saying that if one of them dies first, everything goes to the surviving spouse. If they die at the same time, everything is to be divided equally amongst the six children. However, my mother has already prepared a will that assumes she will survive my father. In her will, she disinherits all six of us, even the "good kids" who are still JWs, and leaves everything to the Borg.

My grandmother and greatgrandmother both died of alzheimer's. My mother has an inoperable brain tumor. I'm assuming that all of my parents assets will be spent on end of life care for my mother, so it's probably a moot point anyway.

• Carmel
    Carmel

When my mother died I was told I was in the will but only granted $1 so that I couldn't contest. Little did they know how disinterested I was in sharing the booty. By that time I had been away from family and Borg for nearly twenty years so I was well ahead of my older brothers in material wealth and certainly didn't need or want to engage in any wrangelling over a few thousand bucks. Funny thing, I never got the $1! carmel

• parakeet
    parakeet

Don't know. Don't care.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Parakeet, you beat me to it!

• parakeet
    parakeet

<------------------------ Early bird, SPAZnik. You know the rest.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

My parents have hinted that we're all out of the will, even the four remaining good JW kids (they're disappointed with all of us; we don't pay them enough attention). As they have almost nil superannuation and are about to retire, when they'll have mortgage their house to fund their autumn years, which my sister has already taken out a significant loan against, and there are five of us.... I'm not going to concern myself with thirty or fifty grand.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

hm...who knows? I really can't imagine them having anything I'd want.

lisa

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

My mom got sick in 2006, I didn't think I was in the will and I wasn't going to suck up to her and go back to the Watchtower. I just kept in touch but I made sure I never did anything that blatantly put down the religion just in case. My Mom called me in February 2006 and said she was changing the will at the advice of the elders, She then revealed I was in the will and was to inherit the house, which was all paid for. She changed the part in the will where my kids got all the residual (the savings) she said she wanted them to share the money with the Watchtower in Canada and the congregation she was in. So I wasn't affected but my kids were She said they weren't visiting her and didn't act like they cared about her so she might as well leave it to the JW's. They called her but didn't like visiting because she always preached at them.

I had to take care of her shortly after that and discovered that she had $100,000 in the bank. I didn't realize how the will was worded, not being experienced with will terminology. Then I discovered what the will meant but it was to late, she had brain cancer and she couldn't think properly. I couldn't ask her whether she meant to change things the way she did leaving most of the money to the Jw's I was so upset that they had interfered when they knew she was dying of cancer and took most of her grandchildrens inheritance.

It was disgusting, I was the executor and I had to sign the papers last year to give $33,000 to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and $33,000 to the Sutton Congregation. My 4 kids had to share $33,000 amoung them. The lawyer thought it was so disgusting but he said there was nothing I could do about it

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Yes, only by a thread.

My uncle is giving everything to the b0rg hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Makes me think of Sammy Hagar - Buying my way into heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit