DA'd myself today

by Pierced Angel 49 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your a strong person you`l do just fine!...OUTLAW

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Angel,

COngrats kiddo. BIG STEP, but you already know that. Find a support network, OK, us, some real friends, a door know, something. I hope your family is ok with all this. My prayer for you is that in losing faith in an organization, you don't lose faith in God.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I never noticed before today that you signed your posts with Anne.

Have you before? If you haven't, how does it feel to do so? Good? I think that it should.

Someday, I will be able to sign my posts with something besides Slip. Congradulations to you. I admire your strength.

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hey Bboy,
    It's not that you 'can't have any morals without organized religion', it's that you have reasonable basis to consistently enforce your morals.
    Rex

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

Congratulations from the Arctic (I'm in Yellowknife today) Anne. I wish you and your family all the best.

- Chris

• outnfree
    outnfree

Path wrote:

I wish you well and hope you enjoy the evening. Its one of those days you always remember.
    My own DA date is an anniversary I will mark with something special every year! It's an integral part of my e-mail address.

I wish you the very best, Anne, and know that you will NOT regret this long term, even if you ask yourself once in a while "What have I done?!!"

What you "done" is GOOD, girl!

outnfree

In dealing with fear, the way out is in -- Sheldon Kopp

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Thanks for the encouragment!

It's been a real rollercoaster trying to get a handle on it all.
    The freedom of being out from under that control after all these years has been bittersweet at least so far. I want to do too many things!

Slip-It feels great to use my real name. It's a pretty common name though, my nickname since birth is, get this, LIZA. There, now anyone that thought they might know who I am knows for sure now!

You guys are awesome as a support group. I hope to meet some of you soon in Toronto or elsewhere.

Anne aka Liza

• peterstride
    peterstride

I've got my fingers (and toes) crossed that you'll be able to make it to Toronto for the Apostofest this weekend!

Here's hoping,

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Thanks Peter,

I'm going to do what I can to make it, I really want to be there!

Anne

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal
    It's not that you 'can't have any morals without organized religion', it's that you have reasonable basis to consistently enforce your morals.

Unlike doing it because you have a concience which, as i recall, i had without some dude breathing down my neck with threat of death.

Anne- You're dope now I cannot fathom the courage that goes into what you had the balls to do. Also just wanted to add my own selfish opinion that you can also live a great life without god/jesus/whomever. Now back to Anne being dope...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit