DA'd myself today

by Pierced Angel 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

:::::::::::::::I just hate being in this living "limbo"...but don't just have myself to consider, with all my relatives being JW's. My mom is 81...my husband's parents are 90 and 87

Dear HadEnuf, I can imagine what it must be like for you. When you see thru it there is no turning back. I heard it described as "you can't unring a bell". I wasn't particularly noble about leaving, because I honestly didn't know I'd be disfellowshipped for it. This was back in 1979 and disfellowshipping wasn't in vogue then. As far as I understood it, I could leave without punishment. My husband didn't have any family in it, but all of my family are JWs, all my relatives etc. I've paid the ultimate price for my naivity. If I had my time over again, I would not have been so honest. I'm not very judgemental about what others choose to do when they realise the truth about the *truth*. It's just such an individual thing. I suggest you take very good care of yourself, because I believe what you are coping with is much more stressful than dealing with the back-wash of leaving. Be especially kind to yourself on a regular basis.

kind regards
    Marilyn

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Good for you. I bet there will be a few in your congregation that will envy your decision. Time may tell, it did with me.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Thank you, all of you, your comments have made it much easier today.
    I wish I had been at that talk with the elder Richie, sounds like quite the moment. Once you reach that point, there's just not much you can do, you have to face your demons I guess.
    I didn't realize all the stress this has caused me and even my marriage until today. It's been creating an early "mid-life" crisis kind of feeling with me, including that temptation to have an affair (I ended it before it got started, thankfully).
    I feel an incredible freedom and relief and yes, I have been sort of discouraged about anything to do with the Bible so I guess throwing the baby out with the bathwater has been on my mind. I'm not giving up on Jesus that easy though. I just don't think I'll be running off to any other religion anytime soon.
    What finally made it easier was that I visited a couple "friends" this week and I realized they just weren't my real friends. They only care when I make meetings and field service. Not that I've always been one to call people and put time aside for them, but when someone's been away for several months, you'd think they would have called or stopped by to find out why, wouldn't you?

Thanks everyone, you're all real Christians in my book.

Anne

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Way to go Pierced :)

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Anne, you were brave. Keep that way.
    Happy Day!!

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((Anne)))

It will get easier.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I'm thinking about it too. Tell me how it works out. Already my wife and I are on the fast track to being DF'D. because of our inactivity, and I guess we're bad on the average.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Get away and run away forver. Don't look bad. Keep what good friends you can, but if they despise you, don't pine over them. There are many others who will love you for your heart, and not your statistics.

ashi

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

"They went out from us but they were not of our sort". The Witnesses quote that scripture to discribe one's leaving them. It has a strange reverse comfort to me. I think you were not of their sort PA. Way to go. It gets easier.
    TW

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Congradulations for taking an important step in your life. ((((angel)))

• rhett
    rhett

Welcome to the real world. Its big, scary, and hard. You're gonna love it.
    Just remember one thing, you're the normal one doing what's right, they're the brainwashed ones in the cult.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit