DA'd myself today

by Pierced Angel 49 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Anne,

I look forward to the day I can say I'm done with this game, as you have. I'm entertaining a congregation elder tonight and have to guard everything that comes out of my mouth. You are finished with that.

I, however, am one of those who do not see the WT fraud as failure on God’s part. I hope you do not loose your faith in entirely. You do not have to leave faith and hope to leave the Watchtower.

Jst2laws

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

P.A.,

Welcome to The Other Brotherhood and Sisterhood that grows bigger day by day. The un-organization of Former Jehovah's Witnesses.
    Congratulations. I'm sure that took some major courage on your part.
    I think I will celebrate with you. (Like I need an excuse.) LOL.

"The God that comes before skepticism may bear little resemblence to the God that comes after."
    (M. Scott Peck: The Road Less Traveled)

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome to freedom. I know it's traumatic because I've been where you are. Every passing year gets better. I have come to know myself and appreciate others for their differences. Its worthwhile, more worthwhile than I can say to take the risk you are taking and to set sail, as it were, on uncharted waters.

We're here for you.

Regards, Mum

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Way to go sister! Just remember that you have been exposed to a misrepresentation of God and who his followers are. Please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. God loves you and Jesus is the way of salvation. You cannot do anything to earn His love or merit salvation. The gift is free and the offer still stands. I will be praying for you. I am thankful that you are free from that bondage. Feel free to email me if you want to chat.

Much Love,

Penn

Mohammed- 'My teachings lead to the attainment of truth'
    Buddha- 'The truth has been revealed to me'
    Jesus- 'I am the truth'

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

You have a brave heart. Have been entertaining that action myself.

Pureheart

• Richie
    Richie

Anne, I remember many years ago one elder telling me, when he was visiting Europe, where there happened to be one congregation elder who used to give many talks at circuit- and district conventions.
    This particular elder in Europe (Switserland I believe it was) had just given a discourse and right after he was finished he told everyone that "he had enough of this and couldn't take it anymore"!!
    He resigned as an elder immediately after and disassociated himself accordingly, as he realized that living a life of a witness with that much responsibility had literally drained him emotionally, physically, mentally and even spiritually!! He always fostered lingering doubts about the many peculiar doctrines and lifestyles which were common with the witnesses but not necessarily in line with the principles of the sciptures.
    Anne, the reason why I brought this up is that when I heard this incident about this elder in Europe, I felt a degree of fear and jealousy inside of me. Why did I feel that way? Because indirectly I wished that I had the strength and courage to do the same thing by resigning and walk away from the "truth" and become free from the shackles of religious bondage. But no, at the time I was still serving as an elder but deeply unhappy about my "privilege" in the congregation. I wanted out at the time and yet had no courage.
    I left the organization in January 2000 and resigned as an elder and afterwards I was disfellowshipped in the process. How do I feel now? Relieved, much happier, free at last and able to direct my life as a productive citizen and not having this choking feeling of dread and angst each and every day when I was a witness.
    That's why I truly applaud you for your decision to break loose from this religious enslavement called the Watchtower....
    Today will be the first day of the rest of your life, where your hopes and aspirations can be dependent, not on men, but truly on God who cares for you very much!!

:*) Richie

• ISP
    ISP

Angel...hope it goes well for ya! Not easy but I think the best for you!

Best

ISP

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The sad thing is there is no middle ground where you can respectfully agree to disagree. Any way you you look at it, leaving is difficult for all sides. It is cruel they leave no honorable way out.

I'm glad you thought things through. Sometimes I wish the game would just be over, I'm so tired of pretending.

I wish you well and hope you enjoy the evening. Its one of those days you always remember.

Path

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Congratulations, Angel! I hope every day for you is better than the one before!
    mike.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Congratulations and best wishes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit