JWs: Biggest Turnover Rate of Members! "Masked churn" rate of 2/3rds!!

by Seeker4 78 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74
    "Well I guess that makes sense. Didn't Jesus say that only a few would be on the narrow road to life?"

its like the WTS has proactively thought of every conceivable argument and pre-emptively brain-washed the dubs. Sorry OM...

Does anyone else notice, that as they see the WT for what it is, the WT articles seem to not actually "teach" anything anymore - it just seems to constanly preach over and over to not listen to apostates, not listen to news/internet/documentaries, not listen to anything critical of the org. just to read the bible and "by extension" bible-based literature.
    OM... Sadly it seems like this may be portents of any future line of reasoning...........

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Warlock,

For Christ's sake, man, you took a thread about an important survey that revealed some important information about JWs that coincides with the experience of many of us, and hi-jacked it into a blathering on and on about your not very insightful take on polls.

When scientists take water samples or soil samples, do they drain the goddamn river or dig up the entire landscape to measure every molecule of soil??? Of course not! And guess what, we understand that. We also understand that by taking several thousand samples, they get a VERY accurate picture of the soil or water conditions.

If you were saying something new or important about polls and surveys, I wouldn't mind, but hell, man, it's 2008 and we've all heard about a few thousand poll results at this point in our lives! We understand how they work, trust me. So WTF if this only applies to 95% of Witnesses/ex-Witnesses? It verifies what many of us have thought for a long time. Sorry the pollsters missed talking to you and your family, but I really don't think it matters!

No offense meant, but how about dealing with the substance of the poll. If you think it's wrong, let's hear a good reason why.

S4

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.."Do they drain the GodDam river or dig up the entire landscape to measure every molecule of soil???"..................Seeker4..That..Is the funniest thing I have read this week!!..I`m laughing my ass off!!....................Warlock..Seeker4 has made a dam good point and was hilarious doing it!...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

If Warlock hadn't been so adamant about schooling the rest of us, I wouldn't revel as much in his fantastically public serving.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

double post

• Warlock
    Warlock

seeker,

HOW CAN YOU SEE THIS AS AN ACCURATE POLL, OR HOW CAN YOU SEE ANY POLL AS ACCURATE, THAT LEAVES 99% OF THE GROUP BEING POLLED, OUT?

YOU NEED TO TAKE ALL POLLS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.

I'm done.

I would like to thank those who responded with the name calling.

You can be as brave as you want, on the internet, that is.

Warlock

• sir82
    sir82
    HOW CAN YOU SEE ANY POLL AS ACCURATE, THAT LEAVES 99% OF THE GROUP BEING POLLED, OUT?

Well there you go.

Unless you individually speak, in person, to all 300 million people in the US, a poll is utterly meaningless.

And the >95% accuracy of the thousands of polls that have been taken over the past several decades, accurately predicting election results, well, that is just a staggering coincedence.

And the science of statistical study? Well, that's all made up!

It's just like evolution. I personally can't conceive of how it can be true, therefore 10's of thousands of scientists who have verified results exactly in line with what evolution predicts are all liars or frauds. Plus, have they found fossil evidence of every one of the 400 billion or so dinosaurs that ever existed? Of course not! So whatever conclusions they have reached must be ignored as the specious ramblings of deluded fools.

For my next post, I'll prove how the sun can't possibly be 93 million miles away (hint: have you ever seen a tape measure that long?)

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

How can you see all sides of a sphere at any one time? It's impossible! Therefore, the Earth cannot be a sphere. At best, it's a flat disk.

• blondie
    blondie

As a jw, I noticed the number of people who drifted away. I figured if the elders spent as much time helping them as they did in giving talks from the platform, there would be more people at the KH. I used to help my husband figure the time slips and I was amazed at the number of inactive jws, not da'd or df', just not coming. Now that I am one, I'm not so amazed especially when we have not seen an elder for 6 years to "encourage" us. Hard to be sincere when we and their God know the lies they have told.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit