JWs: Biggest Turnover Rate of Members! "Masked churn" rate of 2/3rds!!

by Seeker4 78 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The only new members in the congregation are transplants from elsewhere. I'd be suprised to find more than 3 studies attending meetings.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Lots of threads on this article. Good!

I haven't been to my old Hall for years. My ex-wife attends, and there are lots of people there I don't know. Almost none are new members from the field. There are a lot of move ins and a few kids getting baptized.

Not much else.

S4

I would contend that most of the new converts are really born ins. If they were really making such tremendous progress with new adult converts then more people would be aware of their strange beliefs. If the average r/f members would hold off on having children and getting married I would bet their numbers would free fall, wouldn't that be nice?

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

So how would one go about creating an estimate of how many have left? And of that number, how many are not aware of the truth about the "truth"? How would you reach such individuals?

Asking that almost gave me preaching flashbacks.

Maybe a billboard in a big city by the freeway could mention " X many have left the WTS. Get online and find out why."

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Who has the lowest percentages of College Grads and Post-Grad? You guessed it: Jehovah's Witnesses! They tied for the second highest "Less Than High School" percentage (like me), and had the largest percentage in "High School Grads". Anyone surprised?

I think this one is very telling, too: Income Distribution of Religious Traditions

Thanks for the tip, Seeker4!!

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• blondie
  • bobld
    bobld

wbts use to brag about attendance and growth compared to other religions.Look at them now.

Closing kh's.amalgamting circuits.They bully their members to attend meeting,because now it's a sin.The Catholic church used that same tactic thousands of years ago.Attendance is way down in the Western world.What goes around comes around.If you live in a glass house don't throw stones.Next it will be full confessions,hell fire,etc

• cognac
    cognac

Anyone know where I can get the statistics from for different years?

Also, does the peak amount of publishers = those that are practicing?

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religious tradition. Only 37% of all those who say they were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses still identify themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses.

So they polled ALL who were raised J.W.'s?

Funny, they never contacted my neices, nephews, or my daughter.

Warlock

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

So they polled ALL who were raised J.W.'s?

Funny, they never contacted my neices, nephews, or my daughter.

Are you kidding? You do realize that this is a survey?

(survey: A gathering of a sample of data or opinions considered to be representative of a whole.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit