JWs: Biggest Turnover Rate of Members! "Masked churn" rate of 2/3rds!!

by Seeker4 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

35,000 out of 300,000,000?

Who is the fool, daniel p?

Warlock

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

35,000 out of 300,000,000? Who is the fool, daniel p? Warlock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>REPLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> It's so ironic that it's almost sad. Like someone said before, it's a survey meant to be statistically representative of larger populations, not a census. Are you retarded? Or just hopelessly thick?

• Warlock
    Warlock

Could be, should be, considered to be, meant to be.............................................................

It can be no simpler.

Take your emotions, your wishes for the downfall of the WTS out of it, and use your head.

Warlock

• Warlock
    Warlock

Actually, let me put it in it's simplest form:

The results of that poll, survey, whatever you want to call it, apply ONLY to those 35,000 plus, provided they were all telling the truth.

To say they apply to any who were NOT participants of THAT poll, survey, or whatever, is purely speculative.

If you, or anyone else cannot see this, I cannot help you, or them.

Warlock

• besty
    besty

This is not speculative Warlock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_significance

Interview enough people with the correct methodology and you can infer accurate national trends, without having to interview everybody in the country.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Again, Warlock, you're not getting the point. It's not meant to apply absolutely, it's meant to be representative of a larger population. Because you cannot seem to grasp this 8th-grade level concept, there's no point in us arguing. You'll continue to spout off in order to save face. Don't worry, this is the Internet... no one that knows your a fool knows you in real life.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    too bad in my family the churn rate is only 25%, it was 50 for a while but they got one back.

LOL - Too funny !

• still_in74
    still_in74

Well with the elections going on in the US i see countless poll stats on CNN everyday. Are we to presume that CNN called 300,000,000 Americans to get their vote? Does the fact that they didnt call 300,000,000 people mean the polls are valueless? (pardon the pun "valueless" Just read March WT)
    Last time I checked that was how polls worked. In fact many polls/surveys are typically within 3-5 % accuracy.

Why are we even having this debate? Lets take a poll to see how many people think Daniel-P is right.... ;)

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Steve2, your two comments directed at me seem to be contradictory of each other, so I am at a loss as to how to answer you, except no, I was not joking.

Statistics are tricky, no question. I am no expert, but as a business writer, I rely on statistics to make my writing more compelling, so I am aware how they can be manipulated. However, this survey by a very respected research institution, actually bears out much of what we all have observed here at JWD on an anecdotal basis. It therefore become tedious to question the accuracy of what seems perfectly logical on many levels, rather than have a thoughtful discussion and analysis of the trends that this survey confirms. Especially in the context of national media coverage that puts the JW religion under scrutiny!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m sitting here laughing my ass off!!.................Warlock..You just kidding,right?...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit