Not interested in marriage/romance?

by LtCmd.Lore 46 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Something there doesn't sound logical. LOL You're all the same.

So what is it? Are you terminally ill or just older than dirt? I tell people I am as old as dirt.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

think men live longer when they have a live in woman or wife because for the most part, the women look after their health. Men without a wife or live in woman tend to eat junk, not go to the doctor or take their medications, vitamins, herbs, etc.

Women live longer once the man is gone because they don't have to take care of a man anymore. It's a lot less work and worry with making sure the guy is taking care of himself. They aren't waiting on a man hand and foot either.

Reading some of your post, I see why I have been able to be married for 36 years.

I work midnights, she has the bed at night, I have it in the morning.

I spend some time with her on the weekends dinner twice and movies visiting son. I take her out to dinner once during the week.

If I'm lucky, I get sex once a week.

I have a den/ music studio. She has the rest of the house.

I cook as much as she does.

She buys the groceries. I pay the insurance and tax and utilitie bills.

She provides me health insurance and has a good retirement plan. I have probably as good a retirement plan. Together if we live that long, I dont see why not. We will have money to travel and enjoy for a good 10 to 15 years after we retire.

She does see I go to the doctor and get medical treatment if needed. Long before I would go on my own.

So I see in my case marriage is a financial arrangement to share debts and assets.

I do love her and I loved her from the start.

But sex only once a week is a big sacrafice, to share assets and liabilities. But like Ronald Reagan said, I'll stay the course.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    But sex only once a week is a big sacrafice, to share assets and liabilities. But like Ronald Reagan said, I'll stay the course.

Maybe find a way to seduce her that she cannot resist? Your marriage sounds good. I agree, more physical contact would enhance it more. Tell her sex will keep you both younger and healthier, especially in your nether regions. It's a proven fact that regular intercourse will slow the aging of the love dragon and lair.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    I'm wondering how many marriages there are in this country where the husband and wife live apart but still remain married

Whatever the statistic is, you can count me in it. It seems as though we are headed towards divorce pretty soon. But since being apart, I have felt much better and I'm generally happy.

To address the topic at hand, maybe this has something to do with not being interested in marriage/romance?

• Bourne
    Bourne

FlyingHighNow: It's a proven fact that regular intercourse will slow the aging of the love dragon and lair.

Never heard it put quite that way before.....I like it.

Bourne

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I wish i could not be interested and just be content. Being 37, single-never-married, no social life, with an odd past that includes 10 spent as member of a rather bizarre religious sect, and on top of that being small for a man and having a face that never really completely matured into a man's face, my chances aren't really that good! I keep hoping though.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I think people do best if they find someone who looks about the same and lives about the same. Even if you are really crazy about someone, if you don't live the same way eventually you get irritated. You have to have two neat freaks or two slobs, two gourmands or two dieters. As for marriage, I wish people could have trial marriages but that would upset the religious types. A trial marriage with a time limit and an option to renew, that sounds good to me. If you decide not to renew, you walk with whatever you brought to the marriage. Of course, having kids complicates things. There's a society in China, down near Cambodia and Burma, that traditionally doesn't have marriage. women have as many mates as they want, men get to come and go as they like, and the significant male in a kid's life is mom's brother. Property passes down through the female line, which protects the children, who stay with mom.

But Lore, I think everyone ought to try marriage once, if for nothing else, for the parties and loot you get when you get married.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is an interesting thread. I hope it keeps going another day or two.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

aww, come on Dawg, that isn't cool. You can just easily paint women with such a broad brush as you can men. To say we are all like that would be no different than someone to say "I've been with three guys and they have all hit me, therefore all men hit women". Give us some credit, man. Though you might want to revise your selection process

I really believe that if a woman (or man for that matter) isn't happy with herself, she can never be happy with her partner. Unfortunately in our society (feminist hat firmly in place) women are taught it is somehow wrong to seek her own happiness and to find her fulfillment and confidence beyond a man, and I agree it can make for some pretty unhappy women in relationships. But that isn't a defining characteristic of a woman. I think you know that though.

I agree that monogamy is social and not biological though, that has always made sense to me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I agree that monogamy is social and not biological though, that has always made sense to me.

Monogamy may not be easy, but it doesn't mean it's not biological. And there are species of animals that mate for life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit