Where do you hide your apostate literature?

by Hiddenwindow 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Since some of us are still active and have to hide our so-called apostate literature, I am curious about where some of you keep it. I have to leave it at my workplace. At least some of it. I manage, however, to have one book at home. This book, which now is In Search of Christian Freedom, by Ray Franz, I keep in a sealed folder. I go out with it and read it and then have to either seal the folder again or use a new folder, and then put it back in book bag. Anyone?

H.W.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I read COC in front of jws with a different book cover on the book. Still have it stored this way.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I had mine at work, but had different work hours from my wife, so I would leave one at a
    time in the trunk of the car and bring it in the house to read while she was at work. You
    just cannot read much at breaks at work.

I did read many books in front of my wife that were about cults or Christianity, but they
    were not written by former JW's. The apostate literature was the only stuff I kept hidden.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

I don't hide my apostate literature. I keep all Watchtowers and Awakes in plain sight of everyone! My CoC book, however, stays face- down on my nightstand!

• blondie
    blondie

Never needed to hide it but

1. Work

2. Trunk with a different book cover

3. Anyplace you normally lock up personal material. Don't elders have a locked file box...maybe even ex-elders could continue.

4. Do you have a nosy mate? I'd keep it at work then

• lawrence
    lawrence

Isn't this amazing... adults, who live in countries that prescribe democracy, are forced to live as if they were in a totalitarian state by a religious body that promises freedom! This post is an example of the effect of religions that promise "freedom as a son of God" and make one a "Watchtower Slave." My first apostate book "30 years a Watchtower Slave" I had to read at the public library between bible studies and return visits in the afternoons. I would sit at the back of the library in fear someone would catch me reading the book. Each afternoon I went to the library I was afraid that someone borrowed the book, or I would get caught reading the book. So much for WTS freedom, I was their bitch, their slave, and they always reminded me of that fact. If you have the resources, have the book rebound with a title such as 'Fast Fourier Transforms Made Easy'.

• shadowofbathory
    shadowofbathory

interesting question

i ordered CoC 4 years ago, took it straight to work read it after hours.

then weeks after i was into it 2 brothers, incl 1 elder move into the office next door to mine, they came to work with me on a major project and would be there for 2 years. i was afraid they woud sight the book so i took it home.

my house has 14 rooms but i still couldnt find a place i was confident to hide it without being found by my partner.

it therefore lived in the car under the front seat for about a month. i would go to the park and read it that way until it was complete.

you know the feeling you get when you discover the contents of that book the joy of a significant find, the seemingly illicit gnosis maranading and intertwined with your daily thoughts.

i had to give it a resting place before it moved on to magically appear at the P.O's front verandah when i could muster the courage to excecute.

so i placed it carefully laying it spine up, at the back of the top cupboard at my home offfice where we would store watchtower publications, boardgames and on occasion my stash of non essential sympathomimetics. there was always heaps of stuff stored 2 layers in front of the book. on occasion i would clear this stuff to get a glimpse of the book spine to ensure it's resting in peace until the day of it's destiny arrives.

1 year goes by and i come home from work one day to discover my wife has emptied out that cupboard completely for some sort of sick evil spring clean, with a view to organising all the folded, mangled and graffitied on watchtowers that invariably get thrown into the front of that cupboard once they have been completely studied at the hall.

She did not mention having found a 'dodgy' book at the time but i noticed it missing from the collection of a well organised library.

whilst the thought of her finding the book or not ( where could it have gone, maybe the watchtower mags gave it a hard time and it simply had to leave or was forcefully driven out form the cupboard ) was festering in my mindfor a year i was never sure, until one day when we were out working the 'field' together a householder brought up the 'franz book' . i didnt comment ( it wasn't my door ;-)) ) but suprisingly my lovely wife proceeded to have a 20 minute long discussion with the householder about how she once found a book a year or so ago in the back of a certain cupboard of her work OFFICE and identified it as being the franz book, not knowing how it got there at all she proceeded to finger through the thing and read a little at best but was not interested in what the author had to say abating it off as propaganda .

Punch line is we walk off to the next door and im really starting to question my recolection of the positioning of the book, maybe i did put it in my wifes work office etc, when she says in a Vincent Price type of way ' your book has been recycled hun'

shivers im telling you. to this day it had not been discussed again

i wonder if she did read through it?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

While I was reading C of C I had it out on my end tables in my living room. Or in my car while I picked up my kids. Now it is on my book shelf upstairs.

momz

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I place a copy in the congregation library. No one ever looks there.

Burn

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have mine right in plain sight. (I also have my Ouija board where it will be handy when the witlesses show up).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit