Where do you hide your apostate literature?

by Hiddenwindow 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lrkr
    lrkr

Under my humidor

• cognac
    cognac

In my lingerie drawer... (My husband knows where it is....) lol

• RR
    RR

When I was a witness, I was a bit leary of apostate literature, because most had a grudge to grind. So I read books by non witnesses about the witnesses. One of the first if not the first of "Kingdom of the Cults" by Walter Martin. Walter and I had some great correspondence back and forth for a year or so. I received books and booklets and tracts from all the major cult ministries, but they all seemed to beat up on the JW's from a doctrinal prospective.

When I got married, I finally ordered "Crisis of Conscious". We lived with my mother-in-law, and my wife told me that her mother had read the book and still had it. Apparently Tom and Gloria Cabeen were like family to my wife and her mother, they served the same French Congregation and stayed over every chance they got. When Tom and Gloria left, they mailed a copy to my in-law, as she read each page, she would rip it out and burn it. I don't think she ever finished the book since it was buried under debris in the hall closet, with half the pages intact.

I picked up the book from Religion Analysis Service, and read it at work, and at home. I picked up "In Search of Christian Freedom" I read that whilke my wife read CoC. The book mentioned Tom Cabeen and I mentioned it to my wife and her face lit up.

Later I wrote to Ray Franz, and at while he was reading my letter, Tom Cabeen called and he shared with him my letter. a few days later, I received a letter from Ray with Tom's address and phone number. I called and we spent a long weekend with them at their home in CT.

Later we convince my in-law to meet with them, and she did as she loved them like her own children. We had to go and meet at our getaway home in the boondocks of PA, where no one knews us for her to feel safe.

I purchased all these books and booklets and tracts, in addition to all the Bible Student and adventist books, they were all in my library, sitting there next to Watchtower publications, we entertained elders and servants, P.O.s and D.O.s, Bethelites and even a missionary and no one never batted an eye.

I guess it's true, if you want to hide something from someone, keep it in plain view.

RR

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I remember going to the library, picking out a possibly questionable book, going to another section of the library and standing in the isle to read it. Ready to quickly place it on the shelf if anyone I knew walked by. This was back in the days, when I didn't dare check out the book, because you would actually have to sign the library card that was on the inside front of the book.

lisa

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My wife hides WT literature.

There is not even a WT Bible on display.

My literature lies wherever I dropped it until a JW visitor arrives, whereupon she quickly whisks it out of sight.

Some of the 'apostate' literature I have is from apostates of other cults.

I have made it clear that the only thing 'special' about the WT is that it just happens to be the high control group that I was unfortunate enough to be born into.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit