How many of you Ex Jehovah's Witnesses married early and it was a disaster?

by isnrblog 54 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Married at 22. Way too early. Getting married because of sex is no reason to get married. Getting married for no valid reason is likely to result in disaster.
    Actually when you really think about it sex is the only reason to marry. Legal reasons to marry still boil down to sex is the only reason to marry. The Laws are only there do to pressure form religious types to keep populace from living in sin. Many people live together happily without marriage.

Exactly. Marriage serves no purpose as it is only a legal contract put on an emotional relationship. Women are not property of men. Yes, it boils down to sex. Have sex with someone else, and you're forced to pay the spouse forever. Right now, the only reason I see to ever sign that piece of paper is to...........to.............actually, I don't see a reason to do so.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

Insurance Benefits? Since my line of work doesn't provide insurance, that is really the only benefit we have from marriage. Otherwise, our commitment is worlds deeper than any piece of paper.

• yomomma
    yomomma

He was 24 & I was 16 when we married. We met at a "share a pan" aka- cong. pot luck, when I was 10 and he was 18. Still going strong after 18 years.I know how lucky I am to still be happy with this person and especially that we got "outta Dodge" together!

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

I was 16 and he was 23 yo MS in 1975. Separated in 1992, divorced in 2001. Four kids who are thankfully never baptized and not part of this religion.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I was an 18 year old virgin and she was 19. The marriage was over in three months, but we stayed together for Jehober for 5 years before I finally gave up and left the tooth...

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit