How many of you Ex Jehovah's Witnesses married early and it was a disaster?

by isnrblog 54 Replies latest jw friends

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

What a common tale. You marry early becasue you can't have sex.

I was married at 19 and divorced at 50. The only thing that held it together was our involvement in the JW's. Otherwise it would have been over in less than 5 years.

My kids are not Witnesses and have a terrible relationship with their Mother, as she is always trying to shove it down their throats.

This is still happening. My neices was married at 16 last year and just had a baby!! The insanity continues.

What othere experiences have you guys had?

Fred www.isnrblog.com

• ferret
    ferret

Married for 20 years 1960. Remarried for 22 years. Ex still hardcore dub she has no relationship with her children, even though a couple of them are still JW's.

• ninja
    ninja

I could have married my wife at any age and still been depressed when I met her mother...............first time I heard her mother talk at me.....I swear I had the same look on my face that Anne Frank would have had when she received a drumkit for her christmas

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Yup. That is the sad tale of my first marriage also. We were both 19. She was not even a witness when I met her. Me being the 'super-dub' I was, realize that things would be a lot easier if I convert her. So thats what happens. Only , we had sex before we were married. To her it was no big thing because she was not yet a witness and she was 'worldly'. But me ,filled with all sorts of horror stories from the cult indoctrination, panicked and married her. At the time we were going out maybe 5 months or so. But I needed to cover the fact we were sleeping with each other so I panicked and got married. Did I love her? HELL NO! But I was scared and vulnerable. Well long story short, she turned out to be a certifiable psychotic woman from the depths of hell itself. She left me (read started running from the law).The very next day I get a call from the local detectives. Then the following weeks I was called on by everyone from the FBI to the US marshals and even the damn postal inspectors. Without getting into detail, she eventually ended up in a maximum security womans prison. She, get this, PLEA BARGAINED, for 25 years. Last word, she was still studying with the witnesses.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Yep... married at 18...divorced at 38

Coffee

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I was married the day after I graduated High School @18 my husband was !9 . We are still together after 28 yrs.

Sometimes I think the only reason we stayed together was because of being JW 's and God hates a divorcing . We were immature ,and in no way ready to take on responsibilities of marriage . It did help because all of our friends were also young married couples so we suffered through the ups and downs together .

We are not evenly matched though on many issues.....he never really wanted kids ...having children to me was the only important thing I thought I would ever accomplish ..We have three.

I was always a person that loved to laugh and be playful . He has always been very moody and rarely lighthearted .

Now that we are no longer witnesses we are finding more time to relax and have fun . Discovering a new side of our relationship .

So for us it wasn't a disaster ,but I am sure had we been a bit more educated and mature we would have made better decisions over the years .

We did see several marraiges over the years go down the tubes because of getting married just to damn young . Two couple's I remember the brides were only sixteen both ended very early on .

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

*raises hand* Look, who would figure a small town JW girl would be a lesbian?

~Hill

• babygirl75
  • babygirl75
    babygirl75

Married at 19, he was 32!!!

Divorced after 6years together. Would have been sooner except for being a JW at the time.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I was 19 and he was 18, we are in our 16th year. But friends of ours the same ages, married 2 weeks before us divorced in 3 yrs. She cheated and now he is married to a drug addicted whore who cheats on him. They divorced after her son was born, he was concieved by a boyfriend. She returned to him pregnant again and he welcomed her home. So he now has custody and is raising 3 kids not his own (she had a daughter when they married). He has sole custody of the first two kids, and they aren't his. And they are raising the 3rd together. That is f*^$ed up. His parenets are still JW's BTW.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit