How many of you Ex Jehovah's Witnesses married early and it was a disaster?

by isnrblog 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Married at 19 (seems to be the magic age in Jwdom) hubby was 24. Been through some tough times but still very much in love.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I almost did until I found out the girl who I liked was cheating on me with a 40 year old man. We were 17 and 19 respectively. I'm glad I'm out of that quagmire now.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

For us it didn't end bad, we have a good stable relationship... 10 years now!

However, we both feel we were to young to get married (19 & 21) and would wait longer if we had it to do over again. It does make things really tough to get married before you really even know yourself.

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

What a story! Glad you're now happy!

Fred www.isnrblog.com

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

My ex had some molestation issues also. She's not a bad person, we just weren't a match.

Of course, I'm an a**hole, but what do you expect.

Fred www.isnrblog.com

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Same here, married for the same reasons, now divorced and happy with a great woman that changed my life. Ex wife still a witness.

• agapa37
    agapa37

What a common tale. You marry early becasue you can't have sex.

I was married at 19 and divorced at 50. The only thing that held it together was our involvement in the JW's. Otherwise it would have been over in less than 5 years.

Really, how is that JWS fault? It is the Bible that says sex before marriage is wrong, not the witness.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Married at 22. Way too early. Getting married because of sex is no reason to get married. Getting married for no valid reason is likely to result in disaster.

• 5go
    5go
    Married at 22. Way too early. Getting married because of sex is no reason to get married. Getting married for no valid reason is likely to result in disaster.

Actually when you really think about it sex is the only reason to marry. Legal reasons to marry still boil down to sex is the only reason to marry. The Laws are only there do to pressure form religious types to keep populace from living in sin. Many people live together happily without marriage.

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

I don't believe in the Bible either. The JW thing was more socio-economic and the fear of disfellowshipping.

I do not think there is anything wrong with sex outside of marriage. I don't really care what the Bible says.

Fred www.isnrblog.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit