How many of you Ex Jehovah's Witnesses married early and it was a disaster?

by isnrblog 54 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

The reason the divorce rate among JW's seems so low, is that they disfellowship a lot of divorced people, so they do not count in the calculations.

JK

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Right missing link but who conducted that study and how were they derived and in what way

The problem with that information is that anyone can say they belong to a religious faith although they hardly ever attend

being that the JWS are a acute minority in comparison to the others, their numbers would have to come out being low in comparison.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Thats a good point to JK, thanks for bringing that up

• jukief
    jukief

Married at 17, a month after graduating from high school; he was 19. I thought if I didn't marry him, I'd never get another chance (there were at least a dozen girls for every boy in our circuit), and I didn't want to have to pioneer. No option to go to college or get a job and move out of my parents' home. It was a terrible mistake. He was a domineering brute. I stayed with him for 13 years, until I had the courage to leave him and the dubs at the same time. I moved to another town and started college and a new life. Never looked back.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Married 2 months shy of my 19th birthday and will celebrate our 26th in a few months!

Through the years I attributed our ability to weather the storm to the fact that we were both faithful witnesses. Now that we've both left the organization, I realize that it is more a testiment to our characters and less due to fear of disfellowshiping.

I'm happy to report that we're happy and OUT.

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

I was 20. She was 23. Still together after 20 yrs. Wouldn't trade her for anything, even though we don't agree about the dubs.

CCS

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

Do the JW's actually track the divorce rate? I don't think I've seen that stat.

Fred www.isnrblog.com

• Copernic
    Copernic

Married at 22 - divorced at 28 years - Daddy at 28 years. A disaster and a pain for the child custody.

Now in couple in free love. So happy !

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Married at 21, going on 13 yrs. Married a good one, but I was too young myself in hindsight. Anyway, still chipping away here. I am not the divorcing kind. Doesn't run in the family.

Cheers,

Burn

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Married at 21, separated at 26, divorced at 28...freaking MD divorce laws!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit