what have jws got against beards ?

by looloo 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Old Chuck, kind of looks like an old hippie

Can you see C. T. up on a podium giving a talk at a DC. , you could just hear the mummers and the finger pointing

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Watchtower claimed Jesus had no beard from 1959-1970's...........all Witnesses know goaties make you look like Satan!!......one srother told me that a goatie was a phalic symbol of a females.......vagina. IDIOT!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

68 WT page 288: "Today Christian ministers, like the early Christians, are concerned with neatness and cleanness, but they strive to dress inconspicuously, so that their appearance does not in any way detract from the dignity or the effectiveness of the message they bear. (2 Cor. 6:3, 4) In recent years in many lands a beard or long hair on a man attracts immediate notice and may, in the minds of the majority, classify such a person undesirably with extremists or as rebels against society. God’s ministers want to avoid making any impression that would take attention away from their ministry or hinder anyone from listening to the truth. They know that people are watching true Christians very critically and that to a great extent they judge the entire congregation and the good news by the minister’s appearance as a representative of the congregation." Well I work in a tower with many business professionals such as CPA's Attorney's, Brokers, Insurance agents, etc etc. I'm so glad that the WT has informed me that all these people with beards and goatees are really in fact, extremists and rebels against society.

• benjammin
    benjammin

How ironic that the "no-beard" policy springs not from scriptural evidence, but from the antiquated grooming sensibilities of the old farts in the Governing Body. They are obviously influenced by what "the world" deems unsuitable for a clean-cut man, albeit by the retarded standards of the 1950's. These people shouldn't be giving lessons in living.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Two things I think;

A) Control, it's a good litmus to see who will kowtow and who won't
    B) They are really all about the $$$$ if people think you are some sort of religious fanatic they will be less likely to buy the magazines from you. However if you look like a good little amway salesman they will be more likely to give up that .50!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Next time any JW asks about your beard just ask them " So you think Jehovah made a mistake creating men with facial hair?"

That should shut them up!!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Good one Mrs Smith... That should get them thinking (if only they were capable of thinking... )

BTW - I hate to say it, but I tend to agree with them on the beard thing... to an extent... Goatees and Stubble can be sexy, but beards like John the Baptist and Jesus dont do anything for me!!!

• read good books
    read good books

If being no part of the world means not looking like the world, what part of the world are they talking about? JW's look like the Business World. They look like the Military Establishment. Few Politicians have beards so they look like that part of the world. The people who wear beards are the renegades, creative people, people who at least think of themselves as independent thinkers, as the early Christian were and thus they wore beards.

The last people the Society would ever want you to look like are Jesus and the early Chrisitians. That should tell you something right there.

• JH
    JH

Maybe the Watchtower has shares in the razor industry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit