If you had a Time Machine would you stop yourself being a Witness???

by Witness 007 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• oompa
    oompa

Witless 007!! Just how new here are you really?????????????..............................................................................oompa

• megaflower
    megaflower

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing positive has come out of being a JW

• worf
    worf

I would definitely use the time machine to go back and make sure I never became a part of the jw cult.

I would also go back with the knowledge I have now and sabotage the borg so that it would have never come into existence.

Worf ( Temporal Corrections Dept )

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am the same as FreedomFrog, about my children,,my treasure,,but I wish I had chosen college instead of pioneering 5 yrs, tuition free with scholarship,,would have been definitely a 'fork in the road' for me,, fortunately 4 of 5 of my children have graduated college, last one to finish in a year(he went via Marines (Iraq) , my vindication as a mom and my pay back that the WTS didn't get any of them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Some people are so sure they couldn't be happier without the same mate or
    career or whatever, and they would not want a do-over. If I could go back to
    some point and prevent the WTS take-over in my mother's life (and eventually
    mine) you bet I would do it.

That said, I don't know what chain reaction that would take. I might be better
    off just preventing myself from taking the baptizmal plunge. But I will take my
    chances.

• wings
    wings

Absolutely! If I could only take the dumbest thing I ever did out of my life....you bet!

So, do you know of any time machines? Do they work? How much do they cost? I probably can't afford it.

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

That's a very good question and I believe that the way you answer is more a reflection of how you view your current and future life more than your past. There is no way that you would be the total person you are today without the accumulation of experiences in your life. Every experience is not isolated in it's own vacuum, it influences things seen and unseen, even the smallest experiences. Play the what if game and you will see how much of a domino effect something as small as deciding to take a different route to work could have on you and other's lives. It can be very enlightening.

Being a JW was not something I would wish upon anyone else. But because of what I experienced I know that I have done things with my life that would not have happened had I had it easier. I would not have fought tooth and nail to have a successful business despite all odds. I would not have had the compassion and empathy for those I work with and associate with on a daily basis. I would not have been moved to make it my mission to create a carefree, wonderland for my children to grow up in. So I guess what I'm saying is take your experiences and use them. See if there is something within them that can make your life of those around a better experience. it takes just as much energy to be bitter as it does to be positive and the payoff is way better.

• sspo
    sspo

Definetely, i had a good life before becoming a witneess, even though i had many happy years and many good friends in the "truth"

i feel i lost 33 years in beleiving a lie which i could've used in truly helping others in many different ways.

• ladylove
    ladylove

Wow this is a tough one, you really had my mind working for a moment...

After being under such complete contorl and Being that I was DF when I was 14 for smoking and kicked out of my house, which caused a chain reaction of needing a home, and ending up a pregnant teen by a man 32 years older than myself. Going from being controlled by religion to controlled by a pervert that had 7 previous wives and many children that I raised besides the 2 who he got me pregnant with. And considering the years Lost waiting for my siblings to be freed from the cult.

Yes I would stop myself, or my father. without the controlled life I may have never starting smoking.

with that said...

I have 2 perfect teenage children who want nothing to do with there pervert of a father.

I have 8 years of sanity

I have a loving and gentle husband, and a 5 year old daugher with him.

and 75 days smoke free

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I would have kept my mother a catholic. Would have known my relatives. Who knows tho I could make something of myself because of it someday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit