If you had a Time Machine would you stop yourself being a Witness???

by Witness 007 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

What if you wen't back in time and stopped your mother from opening the door to the Witnesses...and your family never came into the truth!! What if you risked changing everything else in your life...not having kid's or the same marriage partner...would it be worth it.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

No. The experience thought painful, was too educational. I might be tempted to shorten it, to help get my self or family out of it earlier. I had other issues growing up too, and they would need to have been addressed.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Absolutely, I would. It was truly an experience in life that I could have done without.

• Mary
    Mary

Interesting question and I'm not sure how to respond. Both my paternal and maternal grandmothers joined the Dub Club in the 1930s. Both my parents were raised in the religion from a very young age and met when my dad moved to Toronto where his job was, and met my mom at the local KH.

So if I went back in time and warned both my grandmothers not to join the Witnesses, then my parents would never have met and I wouldn't be here today. But heck, if it could have saved all of them the misery of what the religion does to people, maybe I'd do it anyway.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yeah, I think so. If for no other reason than to stop my mother from turning into the JW woman she became.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

No, but I would use it to get me out sooner and I would consider doing something more important as well.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I think I would go back and kick my Pioneer/Servant self in the nuts...."stupid arrogant, self righteous idiot! Go get a real job ya bum!" Then I would dissapear and see how that plays out.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Yep ... I would go back in time and muss up those baptism questions really bad!!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Can I keep my children and change the rest of my life? If so, then yeah, I'd go back and stop myself from getting baptized. If no, then no, I wouldn't for the fact I adore my children and couldn't imagine life without them.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I didn't really have a choice. But I can't say I regretted the decisions I made with regards to not getting baptized.

If I have any regrets, it's that I didn't rebel more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit