If you had a Time Machine would you stop yourself being a Witness???

by Witness 007 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Yes. I'd have to change tha path of my grandparents, or my parents, or just give myself a bigger attitude and refuse to participate much sooner. There are just too many opportunities that myself or my parents passed up that would have led to more satisfying experiences, and so much grief and trauma would have ben avoided.

Sure, other, nastier traumas may have taken their place - but they would have been more laong the lines of MY traumas from MY choices, not the traumas that a child and teenager and young adult were led into by hypnotic control freaks.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I chose to become a witness before I was a legal adult. If I could have just delayed that decision for a few years, I don't believe I would ever have gotten involved.

That doesn't make me bitter, as some may think. It is the course of wisdom to see where you have made bad decisions and choose to make better ones. So, yes, it was the wrong decision and I would change it in a nanosecond if it was in my power to do so.

• AustinJames
    AustinJames

I would like to have known what it was like growing up a "normal" kid. Playing sports, like little league or anything else that detracted from time at the KH.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I think for me, I had no choice. I was born into this belief system, it was as part of me, as my family being from the South. To me, the JW religion was a part of the culture of who we were, just like having family dinner on Sunday or having buscuits, sausage, grits and eggs for Sunday breakfast. So for me to say would I have stopped myself from being a Witness, yes, I would have loved my parents and grandparents to be hippies and free spirits of some sort, but it is what it is...

• free2beme
    free2beme

Not in the least, for I would worry that such a appearance would make me think there were demons trying to stop me and I would no doubt be used on a Watchtower stage to recount my tail of the future self demon and may even cause others to stay in. Others who may have made a big difference in this world and our future, from their exit of the cult.

• StAnn
    StAnn

My mother is the one who converted in my family. If I had a time machine, I'd go back to the day my parents met and make sure my mom was in a different state altogether. I think my mom was meant to be a JW, she loves it so much. I just wish she hadn't had children to inflict her beliefs upon. So I'd like to have kept her from marrying my dad and today she'd be an old, retired, lifelong JW pioneer with no children or grandchildren to control and warp.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit