First rock concert

by JK666 51 Replies latest social entertainment

• JK666
    JK666

I have recently talked with other members on JWD about the first time they went to a concert. It was interesting the different choices of artists, and the age we were when we finally went to one.

My first was after I got my driver's license, so I was 16 years old. I went to see a concert with Black Oak Arkansas, Foghat, and Montrose (when Sammy Hagar was just a pup). It was a rockin' night! I went by myself, because I knew of no dub kids that would want to go. It was the first of many.

JK

edited: My last concert was Rob Zombie and Godsmack.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I reckon Sparkplug will like this thread!

The first gig I went to was when I was 16 at Rock City Nottingham. I can't remember the name of the band - they weren't famous, but I was dating the lead singer who was 40-something and reminded me of Alice Cooper.

The first proper gig I went to was when I was 22 - U2.

Last gig I went to was the Police a couple of months back.

Best live performance probably a toss up between Ozzy Osbourne and

Who I really want to see now - Linkin Park.

• flipper
    flipper

Because of having a very strict JW upbringing and trying to loosen up my " stick in the mud " first wife who was a witness, I didn't go to a concert until age 28 . It was a Moody Blues concert , back when they were really good in 1988 and had all the members of the group ! Got such a good vibe from that first experience - I went to many more concerts over the years from various blues groups and rock groups ! JW's never know what they are missing till they have been to live concerts ! It is freedom causing and opens the deepest recesses of your mind and soul. O.K. Enough of my psychological rants . In laymans terms - it was cool ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

My first concert was Duran Duran (in the rain) and I was about 14... I have a cousin about 7 years older tan me and trusted by my mom and dad and she always allowed me to tag along with her to things!

Most recent was Pink and prior to that was REM!

Most memorable was U2 - my hubby and I had just met when they announced that U2 would be touring here the following year. He bought 2 golden circle tickets and gave them to me for safekeeping - he had absolutely no doubt that we would still be together the following year!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Most memorable was U2 - my hubby and I had just met when they announced that U2 would be touring here the following year. He bought 2 golden circle tickets and gave them to me for safekeeping - he had absolutely no doubt that we would still be together the following year!

PrincessDaisyBoo - awww that's so romantic! Which tour was it? And gold circle tickets are definitely worth the extra money aren't they?!

I saw Pink too year before last - she rocked!

• beksbks
    beksbks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_on_the_Green

Day on the Green #2 1979 Journey, J. Geils, UFO, Nazareth, Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy.............. The friend I went with who was a seasoned concert goer, had pot, and we managed to get a LARGE bottle of Cuervo Gold in. It was so hot sitting out in the middle of Oakland Coliseum on the grass. I started getting woozy, so I went in and sat on some stone steps in the shade. All of a sudden some boy comes up to me, takes my face in his hands and kisses me on the lips! "Hi I'm Joe, and I just kissed you!". I was 18, had just moved out of my parents house, and quit going to the meetings. Since then I've been to at least two or three concerts most years.

• avishai
    avishai

Night Ranger and Quarterflash

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My first concert was when I was 13, Willie and Waylon. Pot smoke floating in the air.

My first rock concert was after my husband began driving tours. I think it was Bruce Springsteen, the Billy Joel and Elton John. My last was Nickelback EXCELLENT!!!

momz

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Santana was the first. The last was Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My first concert was going to see James Brown. I, probably, was 12 years old. I wasn't a Witness then. I'm not sure about the concert that I went to see after I disassociated myself; but I think it was Ton'e Toni Tony. I had a jamming good time. When I go to concerts, it seems like I'm a different person! I love to hear a live band that's jamming on tight! Oh! Wonderful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit