First rock concert

by JK666 51 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

My first was Motley Crue at 13. Y&T opened for them and they only played one song before the singer left the stage. I guess he had a sore throat. My last was AC/DC in 1996 when I was 5 months pregnant with daughter #1. She really enjoyed kicking along with the guns on "For those about to rock".

I've seen Motley Crue twice, Whitesnake twice, Guns N Roses & Aerosmith once. But the best, the ABSOLUTE BEST was Page & Plant way back in 1995. They're awesome and even though I haven't been to a concert in 12 years because they're too damn expensive, I will pay to see them again if they tour!

Edited to add: Dinah, I saw Blow Up Your Video too! It was my second concert. I've seen AC/DC three times I think. They know how to put on a show!!

• dinah
    dinah

I hear ya, Mrs. W.

My first concert was only $18.00. The first time I saw the Stones it was $35, the second time it was $50. This last tour was totally priced out of my range. By the time me and hubby got tickets it would be more than our mortgage payment. That is just wrong!

• Priest73
    Priest73

I'm going to see George Clinton at the end of the month. Woo woo. "Flashlight"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

First concert was Boston back in 1976. Honestly I don't remember the other acts. First time I smoked pot and drank in any large amount. I was 14. However the most significant concert I went to was The Jam in 1979 at the Santa Monica civic. I mostly go to smaller venues now and listen to college radio stations. Groups like Koop, Thievery corporation, Zero 7 in venues such as the El Rey Theater. For old times sake I did go to Universal city to go see Blondie and the New Cars with Todd Rundgren last year.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My first? I was 15 and saw Black Sabbath in February 1974 at the Omni in Atlanta. The Omni was new then, and it's seen been considered obselete torn down and replaced. I saw many wonderful bands there. I saw George Harrison which was the hightlight.

My last concert? I think it was Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Blue Oyster Cult and Deep Purple. I had seen the latter two at the Omni as a teen. It was a free show, Foxfest. Kenny Wayne Shepherd kicked their proverbial butts, and they were great. Kenny has an energy and charisma that is earthshaking. If you get the opportunity to see him, don't miss it.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Funny you should ask this because I have just recently found on youtube my very first concert. It was a free concert at the yearly carnival. It turned into a riot. The group are UK Decay who were a very underrated group in their day but now are seen as being instrumental in the Goth movement. Sorry about the picture quality.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vr2aB4adxuQ&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ-hmf6biiY&feature=related

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Metallica was my first. The last one I went to was Tool. Its been a couple of years since.

Hmm. Static-X, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Alice in Chains....I forget every single one.

Of course, thats just ROCK concerts.

Burn

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    My last was Rush, last year, twice......My next will be Rush, in April. Yeah, I got it bad.

In high school, all the cool guys were into Rush and Yes.

Nos, I also prefer a smaller venue. We saw Neil Young in 2003. Much to our delight, they had halved the venue and curtained off the half behind him. They only sold seats near him. It gave it much more clubby feeling. I don't like super loud, literally ear splitting music either.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Burn

I've seen Tool more times that I can remember. I never pass up an opportunity to see 'em

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I've seen Tool more times that I can remember. I never pass up an opportunity to see 'em

Its a religious experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit