First rock concert

by JK666 51 Replies latest social entertainment

• Dagney
    Dagney

First concert was Elton John, and I was 16, with a new "Gunny Sax" dress. Steve Martin was the opening act. I went with a group of JW's.

Last concert was Tower of Power two weeks ago, alas, with a group of JW's.

Live music, all kinds, is very important for me to see.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Ratt. They were lousy.

• Priest73
    Priest73

my first was YES (anderson buford wakeman and howe.) last was ween.

I've come along way baby.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

My first concert was Bad Religion at the Seattle Bumbershoot Fest. Along with Sky Cries Mary, Mudhoney amd and the Ramones. All in the same day! Lollapollooza was my 2nd.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ween??????? Push the little daisies and make 'em come up............. Wow, I haven't listened to that forever.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My first concert was.......Kenny Rogers (older sister wanted to see) ......Stevie Nicks (older sister wanted to see) ......John Couger AWESOME in concert (friend wanted to see) ....U2 (another friend wanted to see) (I'm glad I went) ....White Snake (YUCK) (babysitter for tween boys who wanted to see) ......Cheap Trick (YUCK) ...... Jimmy Buffet (WOW) (I wanted to see) ..... "Gladys Night and One Pip) (WOW) .....Robert Plant (WORST MUSIC IN CONCERT) ......Luciano Pavarati (AWESOME, most expensive tickets ever bought) ......Eagles (Most Memorable Night Ever). After the Eagles, I don't know who or what could top it. So, I've not gone to another concert yet.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Also forgot....Andrea Bocelli.....BEST concert I ever went to.,...despite there were no lighters. Skeeter

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

My first concert was Our Lady Peace, in 1995 in a small club, maybe about 1500 people, the club wasn't sold out. Next time they came to the area they played Maple Leaf Gardens a couple years later and sold out in a couple hours.

I can't think of the last concert I went to. Obviously I don't go to enough.

Edited to add ... wait, I saw Trooper in the spring last year. "Raise a little hell!" A couple nights later they sang at the Stanley Cup Finals in Ottawa.

Kwin

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

When I was a teen my friend and I went to the theater and saw "Alice Cooper Welcome to My nightmre "....we lied to our parents to see it . That was the closest thing to a concert i got to until I was an Adult .

I took my young teen sons to see matchbox 20 w/Linkin Park .

Now my husband and I go whenever we can and have seen some great concerts locally : Chicago ,Eric Clapton , Godsmack , Nickelback , Three Days Grace ,Johnny Lang ,DreamTheatre

Favorite to date has been Nickelback

RUSH is coming in May ! Would like to see them

We are making up for lost time !

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

First concert was Rush in 1990 on their "Presto" tour. I was pretty shitfaced, kept saying "Mike is a f**king awesome drummer!!!" when i meant Neil Peart.

I haven't been to many concerts after that I've seen the Greatful Dead in High Point, Vermont back in '94, or was it '95? I only knew 2 songs, Truckin' and Touch of Grey. I saw Steely Dan in Charlotte in '96 then again in Raleigh in 2000. Absolutley loved the band they put together. Donald Fagen's voice was great and Walter Becker is an awesome guitarist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit